Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Shit, I'LL buy 106.5. You really wanna snuff out the competition? I'll have a format of 24 hours of Motley Crue, AC/DC and Queen. That'll SMOKE my iHeart competitors. Nothing but those 3 bands all day and all night.
Throw in Seger and Nugent and you're just mimicking WIOT lol
Initially I had WLLZ in mind. But with the mention of Seger, now I'm taking on WCSX!

I fear the day Bob Seger passes away. CSX will go silent for 20 minutes then play a week of Nothin' But Bob.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:16 pm

I've noticed that the Wolf went back to their old logo and imaging and website.

I don't why they changed their logo and went with new branding and imaging, only to change it back so quickly.

I think it's a good move to go back to the old formula. Everything about the short rebrand sounded weird on a country station. It all screamed rock. The wolf with glasses logo, the name of the station in dark red text, the "Untrucking believable" slogan, "Live Free or Die", the humourous imaging and even the imaging voice.

Now, on their FB page, they're saying a famous voice is coming to the station, asking people to make guesses and they could win a prize. Whoever's running the page is making humorous comments. This might be big news or it could be a big bust, for all I know.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:16 pm
I've noticed that the Wolf went back to their old logo and imaging and website.

I don't why they changed their logo and went with new branding and imaging, only to change it back so quickly.

I think it's a good move to go back to the old formula. Everything about the short rebrand sounded weird on a country station. It all screamed rock. The wolf with glasses logo, the name of the station in dark red text, the "Untrucking believable" slogan, "Live Free or Die", the humourous imaging and even the imaging voice.

Now, on their FB page, they're saying a famous voice is coming to the station, asking people to make guesses and they could win a prize. Whoever's running the page is making humorous comments. This might be big news or it could be a big bust, for all I know.
Maybe it's a sat/synd show. Blair Garner Mornings?


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:46 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:16 pm
I've noticed that the Wolf went back to their old logo and imaging and website.

I don't why they changed their logo and went with new branding and imaging, only to change it back so quickly.

I think it's a good move to go back to the old formula. Everything about the short rebrand sounded weird on a country station. It all screamed rock. The wolf with glasses logo, the name of the station in dark red text, the "Untrucking believable" slogan, "Live Free or Die", the humourous imaging and even the imaging voice.

Now, on their FB page, they're saying a famous voice is coming to the station, asking people to make guesses and they could win a prize. Whoever's running the page is making humorous comments. This might be big news or it could be a big bust, for all I know.
Maybe it's a sat/synd show. Blair Garner Mornings?
No this is not a satellite or syndicated show. The Wolf went with a new look back around June and returned to its prior look a few weeks ago.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm

"A famous voice" could easily be sat or synd shows. Cody Allen, Blair Garner are not out of the marketing gaymes stations play. Unless you know who the mysterious voice is, you can easily come to the same conclusion. Gimmick #1 clearly did not work.

Unlikely to be Andrew Z again, unless he pays again. I doubt Demetrius is stupid enough to work for this shady outlet. Another thought.... what if it's Sharon Z? I know I would wretch at that!


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:17 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm
"A famous voice" could easily be sat or synd shows. Cody Allen, Blair Garner are not out of the marketing gaymes stations play. Unless you know who the mysterious voice is, you can easily come to the same conclusion. Gimmick #1 clearly did not work.

Unlikely to be Andrew Z again, unless he pays again. I doubt Demetrius is stupid enough to work for this shady outlet. Another thought.... what if it's Sharon Z? I know I would wretch at that!
I'm sure 107.7 could easily plug in Cody for overnights, as there is no Toledo outlet carrying his show right now. Blair is not hosting anything right now, as he was laid off by Westwood One due to budget cuts.

Both Andrew Z and Demetrius would be bad fits, and Sharon might be an even worse fit!



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Well, "Your Hick Parade" has Mookie, which really does not fit either. Also, Andrew was on 107.7 before. So, it can be done, regardless of fit.

Since you said "it's not a sat/synd show," I think you know more than you are letting on. Your resistance to the idea backs my thinking up.

But am glad you agree about Sharon. Polka is not all that bad. But she murders her own show. More than the bullets that flung across from her old house on Hill- a couple of weeks ago.

If it's a stunt to bring Jeff back, I will loose what slight respect for 107.7 I somewhat have for them. This type of stunt means they are desperate.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:49 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Well, "Your Hick Parade" has Mookie, which really does not fit either. Also, Andrew was on 107.7 before. So, it can be done, regardless of fit.

Since you said "it's not a sat/synd show," I think you know more than you are letting on. Your resistance to the idea backs my thinking up.

But am glad you agree about Sharon. Polka is not all that bad. But she murders her own show. More than the bullets that flung across from her old house on Hill- a couple of weeks ago.

If it's a stunt to bring Jeff back, I will loose what slight respect for 107.7 I somewhat have for them. This type of stunt means they are desperate.
It's probably for the better that Andrew doesn't come back to the airwaves.

I'm still thinking it may be local but it could very well be a syndicated show.

Sharon seems like a nice lady, but she's had some health issues, so it's not always comfortable to listen to.

I'm actually a real good friend of Jeff's. Great guy and all, but his adult humor was out of place on a country station. He should have just stuck to playing music with no comedy.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:21 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:49 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Well, "Your Hick Parade" has Mookie, which really does not fit either. Also, Andrew was on 107.7 before. So, it can be done, regardless of fit.

Since you said "it's not a sat/synd show," I think you know more than you are letting on. Your resistance to the idea backs my thinking up.

But am glad you agree about Sharon. Polka is not all that bad. But she murders her own show. More than the bullets that flung across from her old house on Hill- a couple of weeks ago.

If it's a stunt to bring Jeff back, I will loose what slight respect for 107.7 I somewhat have for them. This type of stunt means they are desperate.
It's probably for the better that Andrew doesn't come back to the airwaves.

I'm still thinking it may be local but it could very well be a syndicated show.

Sharon seems like a nice lady, but she's had some health issues, so it's not always comfortable to listen to.

I'm actually a real good friend of Jeff's. Great guy and all, but his adult humor was out of place on a country station. He should have just stuck to playing music with no comedy.
Sharon murdered her own show before her health issues. She NEVER kept a tight board. Shocked she is still even on.

Could someone have called Bill Stewart? Possible, even though he's not the best fit.

Gary Shores is doing better, but do not think he'll be well enough to stay on air, much less be long-term PD.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Bill would probably be OK for country, although he's still a better fit for oldies.

Gary's pretty much retired at this point. If he comes back, he'll probably just do a weekend shift, possibly mornings. With his health, he probably shouldn't be in a studio anyway.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm
Bill would probably be OK for country, although he's still a better fit for oldies.

Gary's pretty much retired at this point. If he comes back, he'll probably just do a weekend shift, possibly mornings. With his health, he probably shouldn't be in a studio anyway.
Bill only fits oldies.

They have to be a part-timer, or out of their contract at least 6 months or a year, depending on the talent. So that makes one think a little.

Plus, this is the Toledo DMA. Nobody is really famous in the DMA, no matter what their ego says to them. So, that takes me back to sat or synd.

Now I did hear that Buddy Carr is juicin' to get back into radio again. You may recall him getting fired at RQN. But... Not famous, and not a fit. Gary was a fool to put him on "Your Hick Parade."

This mention sponsored by "Your Hick Parade," where "We play the hicks!"


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:00 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm
Bill would probably be OK for country, although he's still a better fit for oldies.

Gary's pretty much retired at this point. If he comes back, he'll probably just do a weekend shift, possibly mornings. With his health, he probably shouldn't be in a studio anyway.
Bill only fits oldies.

They have to be a part-timer, or out of their contract at least 6 months or a year, depending on the talent. So that makes one think a little.

Plus, this is the Toledo DMA. Nobody is really famous in the DMA, no matter what their ego says to them. So, that takes me back to sat or synd.

Now I did hear that Buddy Carr is juicin' to get back into radio again. You may recall him getting fired at RQN. But... Not famous, and not a fit. Gary was a fool to put him on "Your Hick Parade."

This mention sponsored by "Your Hick Parade," where "We play the hicks!"
Buddy wants to come back? I know he was fired when Cumulus had layoffs in late 2008 but came back doing his Saturday shift not long after. I noticed he stopped appearing on air in 2017. I thought he retired and wasn't fired.

I remember his short-lived stint on K100. Not a good fit at all!



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:22 am

So glad they reverted to the prior image & sound!!!

The rebrand was bad. Really bad.

Kudos to the new owner for quickly recognizing the mistake they made. Hopefully not a ton of collateral damage was exacted.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:22 am
So glad they reverted to the prior image & sound!!!

The rebrand was bad. Really bad.

Kudos to the new owner for quickly recognizing the mistake they made. Hopefully not a ton of collateral damage was exacted.
I highly doubt that too much damage was done. The playlist was pretty much the same. Just the whole image of the sation was bad. Like I posted earlier, the image of the station sounded more rock than country.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by TeddyBear » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:14 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:22 am
So glad they reverted to the prior image & sound!!!

The rebrand was bad. Really bad.

Kudos to the new owner for quickly recognizing the mistake they made. Hopefully not a ton of collateral damage was exacted.
I highly doubt that too much damage was done. The playlist was pretty much the same. Just the whole image of the sation was bad. Like I posted earlier, the image of the station sounded more rock than country.
The whole image change looked a little too white trash (such as Weston, East Toledo, Gibsonburg, Luckey) to me. And the "Untrucking Believable" thing would not have had people taking the station, if not the owner, seriously. Too tongue-in-cheek, like Y95.7 was. Notice it Y95.7 folded quickly.

I know it's not likely, but the whole country thing is oversaturated. What Toledo really needs is a good actual local non-ghetto AND 24 HOUR LOCAL CHR or Adult CHR. Noticed 92.5 and 105.5 both are getting too pansy and Ghetto. Without the ghetto, I will easily confuse both stations for being 'Soft Rock.' Yes, I would say they both are "GSR," or Ghetto Soft Rock... kinda like a ghetto version of "Stereo 101- WLQR." And 105's imaging does not match the prissy touch Bru or whoever's is now choosing the music, is adding into OpX. Come on... The music needs viagra lately on both stations!

Oh yeah...ERIC CHASE- Obviously Voicetracks mornings on 105. Hits too many posts, music too loud under him, no temp, same WX and traffic files plotted all morning. Another sign, no audience interaction on air. This makes for the 1 share. PODCAST DOES NOT COME FIRST, studio and station audience does. Oh yeah... Now play MORE "Live and local" sweeps, because the more you say it, the true it is... right?

This could make 107.7 allot higher than we think. But... they do not subscribe.

The Toledo DMA(104) is worse than a disaster! I think the worst market in the US.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic