Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Antenna TV gone?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Antenna TV gone?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 am

Not sure if it's just me... Is Antenna TV gone-gone? I only see a blank channel on 48.2. Who cares that 48.1 is the same. The only active channel I recieve is 48.4 - CoziTV. WMNT did not answer their phones, so an attempt was made to make them aware, via VM. Been gone a few days now. They clearly don't watch or monitor their own product. They are still listed as an affiliate for Toledo.

https://antennatv.tv/interactive-affiliate-map

The WMNT website is way out of date as well. Has not been updated in some time. Security issues with the site as well.

Deleted User 15062

Re: Antenna TV gone?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Now I see 48.1 is back.. not an infomercial though. 48.2 is NOT showing Antenna TV. It's color test pattern. My TV is blanking it out from time to time.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:59 pm

I can tell you there is just a black screen on Buckeye Broadband channel 156, where AntennaTV had been. As for the main channel 48/58 on Buckeye, I saw some Buckeye/Blade ads on there, but nothing else. Wondering if WMNT is going down. They already dropped "THIS" still have "COZI" for now.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:59 pm
I can tell you there is just a black screen on Buckeye Broadband channel 156, where AntennaTV had been. As for the main channel 48/58 on Buckeye, I saw some Buckeye/Blade ads on there, but nothing else. Wondering if WMNT is going down. They already dropped "THIS" still have "COZI" for now.
According to This' an Antenna's station profiles, WMNT is still an affiliate. So both of the diginets are not aware of the loss of the Toledo market. In this case, all required net spots are missing. Would hate to do those affidavits!

Contacted This electronically, without a response last week. Contacted Antenna TV Thursday the same way. Did this as a middle aged sounding black woman called me a "queer," when I mentioned all of the issues needing fixed. Doubt she was fired. So not calling WMNT anymore!

Something's way off here. Not quite sure if WMNT just does not care, is a tax write-off, or if they are purposely trying to get away with murder.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 pm

What the hell is wrong with you, WMNT? Your station has been incompetent ever since the digital switchover!

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 pm

The local ads (which were always so much louder than the networks) were gone from AntennaTV for about a month before it went down. No local ads on Cozi or This either. The fact that This and Antenna are now gone, makes me think WMNT may not be around, at least under current ownership, for much longer. Even the main channel 48.1 is very choppy with lousy unbalanced audio, even via Buckeye Broadband. I wish Buckeye would/could offer WMYD-TV 20 Detroit and AntennaTV through that station in Toledo.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Antenna is now unencrypted on CBand. So at least there's an alternative

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 pm

"This summer make My TV your TV".... as a still on 48.1. WTF? It's Winter, not summer. No program seen.... just the still. Nobody monitoring.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:07 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 pm
I wish Buckeye would/could offer WMYD-TV 20 Detroit and AntennaTV through that station in Toledo.
I thought WMYD was on Buckeye. At least I remember hearing that last year. 624/55 and Antenna TV on 123. However, it does not help out those that do not get Buckeye in NW Ohio, or those who do not WMYD My TV 20.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am

WMYD-TV 20 Detroit and it's subchannels are only available on Buckeye Broadband on the Michigan side of the border, namely Bedford township. When I do a zip code search on AntennaTV's website, it says I should be able to get it on 20.2 with an antenna. Will have to try that, as I don't think it'll be back on WMNT any time soon.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am
WMYD-TV 20 Detroit and it's subchannels are only available on Buckeye Broadband on the Michigan side of the border, namely Bedford township.
Yep, Bedford Township is practically the furthest Buckeye can offer the Detroit channels these days (and I'm about a half mile from the state line).

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 pm
"This summer make My TV your TV".... as a still on 48.1. WTF? It's Winter, not summer. No program seen.... just the still. Nobody monitoring.
Is MNTV even promoting themselves these days? All they've carried the last few years were off-network reruns.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 pm

WMYD doesn't even brand itself as My Network TV (to my knowledge at least, I don't even watch WMYD), it just calls itself "TV 20 Detroit", no "My", it's essentially an independent station, at least in its branding
Last edited by Splouge on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm
Something's way off here. Not quite sure if WMNT just does not care, is a tax write-off, or if they are purposely trying to get away with murder.
If I owned the station and no longer care about its operation, I would FedEx the license to Washington for cancellation and sell the equipment on eBay. I could sell the station to new owners, though more likely I would sell only the license, as the equipment, programming and manpower are all in tatters.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:20 am

Some Guy from Toledo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 pm
80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am
WMYD-TV 20 Detroit and it's subchannels are only available on Buckeye Broadband on the Michigan side of the border, namely Bedford township.
Yep, Bedford Township is practically the furthest Buckeye can offer the Detroit channels these days (and I'm about a half mile from the state line).
Put up the yagi now... of course not in a common area, per the 1996 FCC law.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic