Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Antenna TV gone?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
windsor

Re: Antenna TV gone?

Post by windsor » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Went to check the cottage today and did a new channel scan.WUPW and WMNT come across the lake a lot better now on the repack freq than they did on the old ones.

Noticed Ant TV and COZI on WMNT.This TV had color bars.Nice additions to my summer viewing.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Did a rescan, and the WMNT subchannels are on the wrong channels, the descriptions are there, but for the wrong channels and my TV will not decode 48.2 but it will 36.4 or 36.6 - WTH is going on there?

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 am

Cozi seems to be gone from WMNT now, at least on Buckeye Broadband, channel 158 is now just a dark screen. AntennaTV is fortunately still there on cable channel 156.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am

There has been an insurance commercial just frozen an the OTA channel for a day which I think was Cozi.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 am
Cozi seems to be gone from WMNT now, at least on Buckeye Broadband, channel 158 is now just a dark screen. AntennaTV is fortunately still there on cable channel 156.
That's unfortunate, as COZI TV is the most LGBTQ+ friendly of any of the diginets out there. WTOL for LGBTQ faces, COZI for LGBTQ+ programming. Hope it's not gone-gone.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:27 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm
Something's way off here. Not quite sure if WMNT just does not care, is a tax write-off, or if they are purposely trying to get away with murder.
If I owned the station and no longer care about its operation, I would FedEx the license to Washington for cancellation and sell the equipment on eBay. I could sell the station to new owners, though more likely I would sell only the license, as the equipment, programming and manpower are all in tatters.
If I were WMNT-LD, I would approach WLMB to do a subchannel swap.

WMNT would carry WLMB on its relatively robust UHF channel, which increased its coverage awhile back, adding Toledo to its indoor-antenna coverage area, while WLMB would carry WMNT as a subcarrier, expanding its coverage greatly.

Possible fly in the ointment would be if WLMB's management were to object to being aligned to a secular station.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 am

Interesting prospect; dead dog Channel 5 (WLMB 40) was a cheaper way to go with VHF-LOW band, but has crappy coverage, 48 (WMNT/36) is surprising decent, if they just had an engineer worth a sheet - so what's up with the future of Antenna TV and COZI, the two subchannels worth saving? I wonder how much I could get the license for WMNT for, assuming I can keep it's current transmitter and antenna. They aren't on the overloaded tower on Westwood Avenue anymore, are they?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm

No, they are on top of the green "skyscraper" known as the 5/3 building. Right across the street from WTOL, and kitty corner from that God awful "City Candy" statue.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:27 pm
rugratsonline wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm
Something's way off here. Not quite sure if WMNT just does not care, is a tax write-off, or if they are purposely trying to get away with murder.
If I owned the station and no longer care about its operation, I would FedEx the license to Washington for cancellation and sell the equipment on eBay. I could sell the station to new owners, though more likely I would sell only the license, as the equipment, programming and manpower are all in tatters.
If I were WMNT-LD, I would approach WLMB to do a subchannel swap.

WMNT would carry WLMB on its relatively robust UHF channel, which increased its coverage awhile back, adding Toledo to its indoor-antenna coverage area, while WLMB would carry WMNT as a subcarrier, expanding its coverage greatly.

Possible fly in the ointment would be if WLMB's management were to object to being aligned to a secular station.
I see that WLMB would have nothing to do with "Satanic" programming on the other subchannels. Will & Grace would be the first "sin" of WMNT. And since WLMB lives with 1961 values, Gimme a Break and Jeffersons would be sacrilege and not allowed in or with white religion. Forget Samantha Stevens herself, or the gay guy she was married to. As for Judge shows during the day, gay content on them would also be a sin, since SCOTUS includes "alternative lifestyles" and LGBTQAI programming is part of the norm.

Yeah, not gonna happen. WLMB certainly would reject the notion

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm
As for Judge shows during the day, gay content on them would also be a sin, since SCOTUS includes "alternative lifestyles" and LGBTQAI programming is part of the norm.
That, plus the "fact" that only God can judge, and WLMB does not want any mortal judges (other than His "representatives", a.k.a "televangelists") on their channel.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:41 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm
As for Judge shows during the day, gay content on them would also be a sin, since SCOTUS includes "alternative lifestyles" and LGBTQAI programming is part of the norm.
That, plus the "fact" that only God can judge, and WLMB does not want any mortal judges (other than His "representatives", a.k.a "televangelists") on their channel.
Kinda. Mike Brady (Robert Reed) did not fit the bill being LGBTQAI, before it was LGBTQAI, yet was still on WLMB for years. Not sure how. If WLMB kept that open minded stance of years ago, they could morph with any station and any diginet. Now they are hypocrites. Doing God's duty, which should not be humanly done.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm

WOHO wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 am
Interesting prospect; dead dog Channel 5 (WLMB 40) was a cheaper way to go with VHF-LOW band, but has crappy coverage, 48 (WMNT/36) is surprising decent, if they just had an engineer worth a sheet - so what's up with the future of Antenna TV and COZI, the two subchannels worth saving? I wonder how much I could get the license for WMNT for, assuming I can keep it's current transmitter and antenna. They aren't on the overloaded tower on Westwood Avenue anymore, are they?
WLMB's transmitter has been and still is in Lenawee County about 3 miles east of M-52, about 30 miles WNW of downtown Toledo.

It does have a moderate coverage area - for those with an triband outdoor antenna.

If the FCC set the power limit to 30kW, it would be far more practical.

When TV was analog, maximum power had been 100kW at 1000' above average terrain.

Note that WLMB has a tower about half the height limit.

Also notable is that most local advertisements on WLMB are for advertisers well west of Toledo.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Hmmmm. I'm told Cozi TV is now GetTV on 48.4. I liked Cozi. But good news- Cozi is now a streamed channel on IPTV platforms, along with Comet and Buzzr.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:10 am

IPTV ?

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:57 am

Wondering if WMNT will bring back "THISTV." THISTV recently changed their channel info for Toledo, once again listing "Buckeye Broadband" Toledo channel 157. Before last week, when I did a Toledo zip code search on THISTV.com it only listed WMNT 48.3 and sometimes WDIV 4.2, depending on which zip code I used. Buckeye Broadband isn't showing THISTV or GET in Toledo, only the main WMNT channel and AntennaTV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic