Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTOL may be removing MeTV

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Re: WTOL may be removing MeTV

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:59 am

Wonder what channel 13 in Palm Springs uses as its PSIP, since its branded as the cable channel 13... and channel 13 in LA is not that far.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Cable 13 in Palm Springs is NBC affiliate KMIR, which uses its analog channel, 36.x, as its PSIP, and actually broadcasts on channel 26:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMIR-TV

Tin Foil Antenna

Post by Tin Foil Antenna » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:23 pm

I found the article from tv 13 about the new channel. here is the link:

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Opry ... 84941.html

TV is Just Radio With Pictures

windsor

Post by windsor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:24 pm

If it's launch date is early2020. WTVG can take down that test pattern until near launch.Whats the point ???

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:53 pm
Cable 13 in Palm Springs is NBC affiliate KMIR, which uses its analog channel, 36.x, as its PSIP, and actually broadcasts on channel 26:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMIR-TV
Interesting. My13 used to be on cable 13. With My13 in LA, was confusing. I also see MeTV moved too. Used to be on low power 31, along with AntennaTV. There are still 2 Fox 11's, one in LA too.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:02 am

Instead of the test pattern, put up a WSM Logo and simulcast AM650 audio from Nashville? Could have more 'listeners' than K100 ?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:47 pm

WOHO wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:02 am
Instead of the test pattern, put up a WSM Logo and simulcast AM650 audio from Nashville? Could have more 'listeners' than K100 ?
Or better yet, put the local "hick" channel's audio on 13.4. It was good enough for channel 52.2, with the jesus freak stuff.

Nascar, CMA's, etc., someone figures hick music makes sponsors within the white christian hetero community. Yet some of us parish the thought of Circle. Only 1 LGBTQAI person nominated. Not friendly to my people at all. Hootie, The Pointer Sisters, and Charlie Pride are the only persons of color. Then they kicked KD Lang, Chely Wright and Ty Herndon off country radio. No other minorities, beyond Native American... what diversity!

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:10 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:16 am
Maybe it's just me, but I think the FCC should have chopped and shredded the license. Just after W48AP call letters, the station has ALWAYS been a legal mess and a nightmare.

1) Where's the Lucas, Ottawa, Wood and Fulton County EAS activations? NEVER seen any. Whoops!
Reminded I remember when W48AP actually did EAS tests, that was way back in '89!
4)Carrier was always on, but "No Signal" was seen on the UPN feeds. This means Legal ID's were not properly done, if at all done. Proof that the staff didn't even watch their own product. Closures and tones were never utilized, just like all 3 current diginets, as in the past.
It always felt like nobody was even there at all when it happens and it was just left like that for days. That's not the kind of business people should be running when they think they don't have to do anything.
5) The scenario that got the previous owners in FCC hot water, ie., unlocked doors leading to unauthorized station access.
Amazing how lazy they were.
7) When has WMNT actually "served the community," as a requirement of CA and CD status? No sports, no news, no local productions or programs. Never saw anything local on there since "New Generation Television" started.
The best I recall was them trying a live feed of the fireworks downtown one year and that was all over the place in video and audio quality. It's hard to describe what it was like but the audio kept shifting whenever they changed the shots of two cameras they had set up (audio coming from a radio station I think). It's kinda funny since WMNT was bought by a small video production outfit anyway that was probably doing wedding videos on the side. The original W48AP owners at least knew what they were doing.
I'd hate to see WMNT go away, with the sub channels. However, not even sure anyone would notice if it had. Would love to at least see AntennaTV and Cozi find new homes.
I wouldn't mind if someone else tried to set up a new LP in the area and did it right for once.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am

Agreed: AntennaTV deserves a quality home in Toledo, Cozi too. Enjoy the Johnny Carson reruns and Quantum Leap, etc....

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 am

WOHO wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am
Agreed: AntennaTV deserves a quality home in Toledo, Cozi too. Enjoy the Johnny Carson reruns and Quantum Leap, etc....
WNWO should add at least one of them...……..

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm

windsor wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 am
WOHO wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am
WNWO should add at least one of them...……..
Quite a few Sinclair stations carry Antenna TV, so there should be no reason not to pick it up.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm watching WTVG MeTV right now, WDIV is airing some day of the dead event on their MeTV channel. Which is understandable, metro Detroit has a sizeable Hispanic population. I'm glad to have WTVG as a backup affiliate though.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic