Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Uncensored music on 94.5 WXKR

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Ben Zonia

Re: Uncensored music on 94.5 WXKR

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:42 am

The best reason not to play these tracks is that the vast majority of them are atrocious even without profanity. I don't see the point of playing tracks because they have forbidden words, never have.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:12 pm
I absolutely hate it when commercial radio station butcher song lyrics to edit out curse words.

The prior method (pre-Janet Jackson's titty) of bleeping out a small portion of the word was fine. Now, we get to endure weird sound effects or awkward alternate lyrics.

So, in closing, I'd like to say:
- FUCK YOU, MTV (who produced that Super Bowl halftime show)
- FUCK YOU, Janet Jackson
- and especially, FUCK YOU, Justin Timberlake.

I like what NIN did with "Closer". Barely cuts "fuck". Doesn't, IMO, take away from the song.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

No one expected the massive Puritanical overreaction to that SB halftime stunt, on the part of outraged viewers or the FCC. And the FCC forced Clear Channel’s hand into firing Bubba Clem and canceling Howard Stern on all their stations by levying that massive fine on them.

It was a catastrophically dumb move on MTV and Janet and JT’s part, but the people who fucking lost their shit over it acted even worse.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 am

They at least need to meet it half way with some words. Ok... damn, hell, bitch, pussy, ass, and even god damnit pass but shit doesn't, stupid. On network TV I don't really hear pussy or Godamn it. I hear bitch, ass, damn, all the time. So.. why is asshole censored? I don't consider douche bag a swear word, I see it more as like dumbass.

Maybe I can see why some have a problem, with cock sucker or cunt. The F bomb or MF, maybe... . It's like Youtube demontizing videos left and right, I mean come on STOP. Although, I think swearing is tacky on some internet "News" type shows, The Young Turks, Ring of fire, secular talk etc... I mean they can do what they want but just my view. I don't know of any internet Conservative shows that use profanity though. steven crowder, for what little there is, its censored.

As far as music on the radio, it can be lame bleeping out curse words or drug references.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic