Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Geraldo on WTAM

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
fuzzpower

Geraldo on WTAM

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Visiting Cleveland right now and heard Geraldo’s show on WTAM. It’s only an hour from 9-10AM. What’s the point? None of the topics are local to Cleveland. Does he do the show there or fed from New York?

Myron Falwell

Re: Geraldo on WTAM

Post by Myron Falwell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:10 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:26 pm
Visiting Cleveland right now and heard Geraldo’s show on WTAM. It’s only an hour from 9-10AM. What’s the point? None of the topics are local to Cleveland. Does he do the show there or fed from New York?
He and his family live in Shaker Heights, the show mostly originates from the iHeart Cleveland studios, sometimes from their studios in New York... I forget the exact ratio. To wit, most of his Fox News pundit "live hits" are now done from the WJW studios.

The point of the 9am show, if there is one, is so WTAM can remain kinda/sorta local in that hour, and apparently it is too much to give Bill Wills a fifth hour for his morning news wheel. And yet, it's still better than the absolute dumpster fire that was "The Spew."

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Is he syndicated?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 am

JGP1954 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm
Is he syndicated?
I doubt it. It’s called Geraldo in Cleveland and the number given is WTAM’s. All of the callers are from the Cleveland area.

Why only one hour though? Is that all he wants to do, or is the station forced to carry Glenn Beck?

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 am
JGP1954 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm
Is he syndicated?
I doubt it. It’s called Geraldo in Cleveland and the number given is WTAM’s. All of the callers are from the Cleveland area.

Why only one hour though? Is that all he wants to do, or is the station forced to carry Glenn Beck?
Geraldo does do a weekly podcast for iHeartRadio independent of “Geraldo in Cleveland.” He could probably do more — his old 77WABC show was two hours long in the late mornings — but he’s also 76 years old.

Glenn Beck and WTAM have a ... complicated relationship. Back in 2005, WTAM dropped Glenn for Jerry Springer, and it went over so badly that they had to bring in Bob Frantz as a local host in that timeslot until they could reacquire the rights to Glenn from two suburban stations in late 2008.

Geraldo mercifully replaced “The Spew,” a hour-long show of old people yelling at each other over politics that lost two different co-hosts (first Frantz, then John Lanigan, the latter got burned out and walked off of the show) and the original moderator Dave Ramos. Mike Trivisonno was the lone constant, he phoned it in literally and figuratively.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 am

Myron Falwell wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am

Geraldo mercifully replaced “The Spew,” a hour-long show of old people yelling at each other over politics that lost two different co-hosts (first Frantz, then John Lanigan, the latter got burned out and walked off of the show) and the original moderator Dave Ramos. Mike Trivisonno was the lone constant, he phoned it in literally and figuratively.
They seriously had a show named "The Spew"??

Although to be fair that's what I want to do when I hear Frantz pretending to be a local Toledo sports show. :barf

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic