Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will URban expand in Toledo?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Myron Falwell

Re: Will URban expand in Toledo?

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon May 20, 2019 12:26 am

Urban unloading is a safe bet.

The problem now is... you need to find buyers for all these stations in what's basically a seller's market, not just in Toledo, but elsewhere. Maybe Adams could sniff the tires but Toledo feels like a market too big for them. Wolf Boom is strictly small market.

Regardless, a combination of 95.7, 106.5 and 107.3 is pretty much the way to go. I wouldn't factor in 1520.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Deleted User 14990

Re: Will URban expand in Toledo?

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 am

I'd say yes for sure. URban only owns 5 stations in Total. 2 in Toledo, 3 in Columbus MS. Adams has a strong presence in FT wayne. So, I think T-town would be something they might consider, wolf Boom. I think there in Lima? I know little about them, however the Lima stations they own have gone through owners like Napkins at a BBQ.

If, 97.3 and 95.7, were sold, They would likely go together, buying 107.3 would eliminate a competitor. However, I am not sure Welch would sell just yet. 107.7 or 106.5 could play a factor as well in such a deal, 1520?

The only way I would see that is, if a new owner wanted to revamp The Ticket and add a Simulcast, but I very much doubt that. The only reason IMO Cumulus has not ditched the format, is because they know they will likely be unloading WTOD. There is no reason to spend money relaunching a new format on that signal. If and when a new owner comes in, The Ticket will be toast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic