Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo OTA Re-pack TV relocations Questions

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Toledo OTA Re-pack TV relocations Questions

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks to the cellphone hogs, the TV channels are on the literal RF move and I'm an OTA antenna-only guy.
Does someone have all the Toledo-area moves required?
I understand 11 & 13 are RF11 and 13 and aren't moving, but 11 could use a bit more power on a windy day.
WNWO 24 moved down to RF23, but their signal is crappier now.
Readjusted the antenna, stuck an amp on the line, and still get pixilation on WNWO in Sylvania Township.
Is 24 going to do anything to improve their signal- antenna replacement, or "More Power" as Tim Taylor would say?
WBGU moved from 27 down to RF22, but fickle signal- one day decode, next, nothing
(unless it's that all Sony tuners are total crap for OTA TV the past 5 years, while they were gold 10 years ago)
WMNT moving from 48 to RF36 ?? Going to do another rescan as OTA TiVo thinks there's 8 signals for "36".
WLMB-40 stays parked on RF5, but would be better off with a stick in Oregon instead of Michigan.
WGTE stays on RF29.
What is the scoop with WUPW-36 - are they relocating their signal feed RF spot?
Jeeze, the TV band is tighter than the FM band now- who ever thought that would happen, when we originally had TV sets up to channel 82, then, what 70-something or 69 for the cellphones the first time or two around?

80sTalkRadioFan

Re: Toledo OTA Re-pack TV relocations Questions

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:55 am

Thought I read somewhere that WUPW is scheduled to move to RF 32, but haven't heard anything about that recently so not sure when or if that will happen.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:35 am

WOHO wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am
I understand 11 & 13 are RF11 and 13 and aren't moving, but 11 could use a bit more power on a windy day.
WNWO 24 moved down to RF23, but their signal is crappier now.
Agreed on 11 and 13 using a bit more power. It's been about a month since I've even gotten either station and I'm in Wyandotte...did they actually reduce their power?

Also agreed on WNWO's signal becoming crappier. In Wyandotte, WUDT is actually the dominant signal on RF 23 now.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 pm

WOHO: WTOL and WTVG are planning for a power increase. WTOL expects a bigger raise. I suspect WTVG is limited by WZZM and/or CKCO, but they will have a slight increase, too.

Neither will help much on a windy day. If wind is affecting your VHF DTV reception, the problem is more likely to be multipath. That's especially likely to be the problem if your antenna is close to Toledo, but aimed in another direction. Your antenna could be aimed at the source of the multipath.

WNWO may be weak now (using a temporary transmitter at WTVG's site, only part way up the tower), but NWO will be back from its own stick, stronger than ever.

I'm finding that WBGU is a little easier to tune in on 22 than it was on 27, even though there's been a slight power decrease.

80s Talk Radio: WUPW on 32 would be news to me. WDIV Detroit is slated to go to 32 in Phase 8. WUPW is supposed to go to RF26. The only way I could figure WUPW on 32 would be WUPW temporaily going to 32 after CICO32 goes to 19, later going to 26 in Phase 8.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm

I stand corrected on WUPW. RF 26 it is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic