Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Things happening in Escanaba

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
mikes

Things happening in Escanaba

Post by mikes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:04 pm

Since there hasn't been any thing on the Buzz about the UP in some time, I thought I'd mention a few things. I am now helping out WYKX Kix 104.7 and WDBC. These are 2 great local stations and are well respected. I am their virtual Program Director. It won't be "plug and play" radio. I'll be building on what they already have. Truly an exciting time! I grew up in Northern Michigan and know the area well. I also consult stations in TC.
We are now known as "Escanaba's Country station, Kix 104.7". We've updated the imaging to give it a more fun sound. Same wth the music. Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for listening!

Mike

craig11152

Re: Things happening in Escanaba

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm

Good luck.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Escanaba is a great area, and the central U.P. in general has some fantastic LOCAL radio station groups! :)

Best of luck, Mike.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Kix 104.7 at times has a very good signal in parts of the Lower Peninsula. A few weeks ago, when WTCM-FM was on low power, my mother found Kix and listened to it for a while

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Mike, best of luck with your new gig!

These are two of my hometown stations. I've been a listener since the Fun 104 days, and am listening to WDBC right now from Manistee.

About the only radical change that ever took place at these stations in my listening era was WFNN changing calls to WYKX and flipping formats to Country.

I am very glad to hear that you're implementing selective tweaks to freshen things up--I'd miss the current formats greatly if someone blew things up for a complete reboot. In a world that's changing faster than ever before, there's something comforting in tuning into hometown WDBC and WYKX and hearing the same personalities, programming, and even advertisers that have always been there.

mikes

Post by mikes » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 am

WC8KCY-

Thanks for your encouragement. They are 2 strong brands. Unlike a few other UP stations, we want to be as local as we can, which means no syndicated morning show, Unfortunately Rick ST. Nick took a PD morning gig out of market, so I am filling in for now. Have some prospects for talent coming up soon.
Why blow up something that doesn't need to be fixed? Build on the great things we already have!

Mike

OldHippie

Post by OldHippie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:44 am

Make Al Holtein and Billy John proud Mike.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic