All accepted registrations through February 15, 2019 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

WFER/WIKB sold

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
ChrisKun2K5

WFER/WIKB sold

Post by ChrisKun2K5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 pm

According to Upper Midwest Broadcasting, the two Iron River stations are going from Heartland Communications to Stephen Myers, who owns WCCY, WOLV and WHKB in Houghton under the name Houghton Community Broadcasting. The $488,000 deal also includes two stations in Park Falls, WI.

++++

Re: WFER/WIKB sold

Post by ++++ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Well. 99.1 has been WIKB FM with oldies, then went to a soft AC format as "the Breeze," then pulled WIKB calls from AM to FM side as the Bull with country music in an over saturated country market. The AM, now WFER, former WIKB-AM, on 1230 runs talk. Talk isn't doing that great anymore.

I wonder if the FM will change again. Will the AM change?

WCCY AM with FM translator is America's Best Music, 97.7 WOLV is classic hits. 102.3 WHKB is country. OLV and HKB (FMs) are ll on satellite. AM drive is live though. AM drive is satellite fed on 1400 WCCY /99.3 translator.

In the peninsula, on the Western part, 99.1 WIKB and 102.3 WHKB both can be heard. I am not sure, but I believe both run the same satellite feed. Also, one might note the similar calls: WIKB, WHKB. Could a simulcast happen?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic