All accepted registrations through June 15 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

WDHS Iron Mountain

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WDHS Iron Mountain

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Doesn't TV-6 have a digital translator on RF 14 to serve the Marquette area?

Which station is worse in the Marquette area when it comes to over-the-air reception, WLUC or WBUP?

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

MetalUpYourAss1973

Re: WDHS Iron Mountain

Post by MetalUpYourAss1973 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Doesn't TV-6 have a digital translator on RF 14 to serve the Marquette area?

Which station is worse in the Marquette area when it comes to over-the-air reception, WLUC or WBUP?

They do. They switched from analog 7 to digital 14 and increased the power. Funny thing is in my location in Negaunee Twp. BOTH 14 and 35 are just barely under the threshold needed to get a watchable signal, so I don't get either of them. I would probably have to add about 50 feet to my antenna elevation to have a shot at either of them. If they used either the CR510 antenna site or Morgan's Meadows they would probably serve MQT and surrounding areas without needing a translator station downtown, AND they would serve the "main population" areas a lot better.

I know in my location I can pick up WBUP 10 a little bit better, and WNMU 13 A LOT better than WLUC 35, hence I'm able to watch those stations just fine. I wouldn't see any of them reaching MQT though with the hill shadowing them. 10 was not receivable and 13 was barely receivable back in the analog days. 10 actually had a MQT version on 28 at one point which reached outside of MQT pretty good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic