Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

KLT wipes the floor clean with The Bear in latest ratings

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

KLT wipes the floor clean with The Bear in latest ratings

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Also of note, Z93's ratings still stink.

Black Diamond fucked up by not buying KLT, in my opinion. That 10 share could've been theirs!

https://radioinsight.com/ratings/traverse-city/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Realist

Re: KLT wipes the floor clean with The Bear in latest ratings

Post by Realist » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:07 pm

I just don’t get it. I’ve tuned into KLT while in that area. Stale, overplayed, limited playlist and DJ’s like Terri Ray are a big turnoff. I guess the mullet wearing rednecks there like it…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:54 pm

Realist wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:07 pm
I just don’t get it. I’ve tuned into KLT while in that area. Stale, overplayed, limited playlist and DJ’s like Terri Ray are a big turnoff. I guess the mullet wearing rednecks there like it…
Spend some time looking at Kalkaska and counties to the East. I guess this means bringing Finster back with Omelette worked out. Trish also could have bought KLT. 10.7 aqh is better than both her top stations combined.

Also, this market has a sample size so small that they use some convoluted 3 book rolling average. I think Z93 is sounding better, but needs some promotion dollars. Not may people know it exists.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:54 pm
Realist wrote:
Spend some time looking at Kalkaska and counties to the East. I guess this means bringing Finster back with Omelette worked out. Trish also could have bought KLT. 10.7 aqh is better than both her top stations combined.

Also, this market has a sample size so small that they use some convoluted 3 book rolling average. I think Z93 is sounding better, but needs some promotion dollars. Not may people know it exists.
Kalkaska is an absolute shithole, so I’m sure they’re #1 there. Crawford Co, outside of Grayling, can be a scary redneck place. Otsego Co is too high class. East side of Antrim Co is also very hillbilly

since16

Post by since16 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:14 pm

I know it's a large market, does anyone know the counties that make up the market?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:35 pm

I believe Manistee and Wexford were removed recently, leaving Benzie, Leelanau, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Antrim, Otsego, Charlevoix, Emmet and Cheboygan.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:04 pm

Wexford was removed? Interesting... wonder why?

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:20 pm

Manistee County should've never been added to the Traverse City/Petoskey market in the first place.

I wonder what has hurt WTCM more, losing 93.5 or getting its most popular county removed from the market.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:29 am

organman95 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:04 pm
Wexford was removed? Interesting... wonder why?
Maybe the same people here who keep moving the goal post on what they consider "Up North"?

Years ago, WTCM 103.5 moved their tower from the ridge West of Traverse City to between Sherman and Buckley so they could reach those Southern tier counties. Maybe it's time to move back. After all, they moved 92.9 further North. They do have that IF Beat TL restriction. Class C0 isn't that big of a deal.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:30 am

I think losing 93.5, losing Wexford from the MSA, and 106.7 grabbing 3 shares have all served to impinge WTCM-FM's AQH share.

That being said, a 7.9 is still damn good.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:10 pm

As much as it pains me to say it, Z93 will never crack a 3-share with this format. Late 90s through mid 2000s targets a much narrower demographic than does say a 70s or 70s/80s format. If you weren't a teenager or college age during that time period, you probably don't have much nostalgia for that era of music. They need to reverse the ratio of currents to throwbacks from 1:3 to 3:1. It would also help if they expanded the throwbacks to include a broader range of rock product from the era.

Also, and for this reason alone I can't listen to the station at all - they speed their music up either 3.0 or 3.1 percent. That's too much as 2 percent is kind of the point where you can start to tell. Once you get to 3 percent, the music sounds significantly out of key.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:40 pm

Z93 needs to ditch the valley girl voiceover chick or greatly reduce her reads. Polarizing delivery. Gets fatiguing when listening for any extended length of time.

She was also used by the now defunct country station in Detroit where Bill previously worked.

Bear in mind published AQH shares in small diary markets are two survey averages. It appears Z93 is moving in the right direction. It would not surprise me if Z93 is near a 3 share once new numbers are published six months from now. I think Midwestern would probably be happy with that result, too, so long as performance in the south half of the market is good.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:24 pm

Z93 is largely there to get revenue away from WXLT in the south. Nothjng else Midwestern has is female targeted.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:25 am

Analyzing stations using the metro "snapshot" is like writing a book report using the back of the book. Read the actual book and you'll get a drastically different story.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:44 pm

Totally agree.
Realist wrote:
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic