Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"You need to be nice to one another"

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
T’Variuness King

"You need to be nice to one another"

Post by T’Variuness King » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:01 am

This is almost comical, but here you go. So apparently the HR Director at Vine and 10 Snooze recently sent out an email to the entire company asking everyone "to be nice to one another". This comes after the head of Lake Effect Digital got into a heated argument with another employee, so loud clients heard it, leading to a three-week suspension.

Plate Cap

Re: "You need to be nice to one another"

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:07 am

It shows a naivete or disconnect of sorts with how people today really are, but, unfortunately, it's sad that such innocent, good advice seems so obtuse. The intention is honorable, and seems to sum up all the elements, including The Golden Rule, in one line.

The issue of people treating one another poorly gets worse every day.
  • A person dines at a restaurant, has a minor issue, but writes it up on Google or TripAdvisor as if they just managed to stagger out alive from the dining hall at Auschwitz. They want to leverage the minor ruffle they've experienced to seriously damage "the man"
  • We seem to have the need to 'teach the other driver a lesson' no matter where we drive, to the point that giving the other guy a break is quite the exception and not the norm.
  • Anywhere we are 'hidden' behind a keyboard or telephone, we do and say things we would never think of doing in a face to face situation
This message board is a good example of the latter. It's a rarity for someone to say something nice about or compliment another user, and responses are very often....certainly visible each and every day..... vicious, overreaching, and over-the-top nasty. I'm guilty of it from time to time and wonder later just how that nastiness came out of my fingers. It's not Mark's job to do so, but that HR director's advice would be appropriate here.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:23 am

Was it a creative conflict or simply a personality clash? If the former, while not justifiable, an argument is understandable. A three-week suspension is quite severe.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:19 am

What in the hell is "Lake Effect Digital"?

Nevermind, I looked it up. Another "up north" PR company that doesn't produce anything of substance.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am

This thread needs context and further explanation, like a link.

Maybe WOOD-TV 8 News will do a story about it. Seems to be in their wheelhouse, judging by their bylines frequently appearing in other media.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:19 am
What in the hell is "Lake Effect Digital"?

Nevermind, I looked it up. Another "up north" PR company that doesn't produce anything of substance.
They produce commercials -- y'know, the lifeblood of commercial television.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic