Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jack O’Malley back on the radio

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
since16

Jack O’Malley back on the radio

Post by since16 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:19 am

Released yesterday through the MAB...

"Midwestern Broadcasting has announced that former State Representative Jack O’Malley has returned to radio, joining the company's WATZ-FM and WZTK-FM in Alpena at Director of Operations.

O'Malley, prior to being elected to the House in November of 2018, spent nearly 40 years as a radio broadcaster. He is best known for his top rated morning show from 1984 to 2018 on WTCM-FM in Traverse City, also owned by Midwestern.

Jack now returns to his radio roots. In addition to his management duties, he will also host afternoons on WATZ, a station that plays "Today's Country Music."

TC Talks

Re: Jack O’Malley back on the radio

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:53 pm

He certainly knows how to create success. I suspect his political career prevented him from returning to Traverse City.

I can't imagine starting having to start over in Alpena.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:53 pm
He certainly knows how to create success. I suspect his political career prevented him from returning to Traverse City.

I can't imagine starting having to start over in Alpena.
I wouldn't say that he's starting over after a 40 year career. He's the Operations Manager as well as doing afternoons.

I would say he's picking up where he left off and learned that he doesn't like getting up in the middle of the night to do mornings anymore.
Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:41 pm

He was the O. M. of WTCM am/fm. Alpena's total budget is equal to the coffee budget in Traverse City. Mid-day is a better shift for sure. But it's Alpena...

Highlights:
Ranks 9th per Capita for drug use...
ALPENA — Most of Northeast Michigan ranks among the most unemployed regions in the state, according to state data released this week.

Combined, Alpena, Presque Isle, Montmorency, and Alcona counties counted a labor force — a measurement of the number of people either working or looking for work — of 24,548 people in October, according to the most recent data available from the Michigan Department of Technology, Management, and Budget.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:26 pm

I wonder if he will make what he did as a state lawmaker 71,685 a year.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:41 pm
He was the O. M. of WTCM am/fm. Alpena's total budget is equal to the coffee budget in Traverse City. Mid-day is a better shift for sure. But it's Alpena...

Highlights:
ALPENA — Most of Northeast Michigan ranks among the most unemployed regions in the state, according to state data released this week.

Combined, Alpena, Presque Isle, Montmorency, and Alcona counties counted a labor force — a measurement of the number of people either working or looking for work — of 24,548 people in October, according to the most recent data available from the Michigan Department of Technology, Management, and Budget.
Maybe he realized TC is overrated.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:25 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Highlights:

Just like Ann Arbor, we could be. And, he was the first Republican soundly defeated in this district I believe ever, but at least in 50 years. He won't have that feeling of being overwhelmed in Alpena.
― Noam Chomsky

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Considering how so many people are "phoning it in" these days, let's just say that I find it hard to believe that Jack O'Malley has *physically* relocated to Alpena.

I ain't buyin' it.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:47 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:24 pm
Considering how so many people are "phoning it in" these days, let's just say that I find it hard to believe that Jack O'Malley has *physically* relocated to Alpena.

I ain't buyin' it.
Interesting thought. Our stations in Crested Butte were in the local two way operators closet. Everything was remote from Vail. Didn't even need an engineer.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:25 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Highlights:

Just like Ann Arbor, we could be. And, he was the first Republican soundly defeated in this district I believe ever, but at least in 50 years. He won't have that feeling of being overwhelmed in Alpena.
He lost by 765 in a new district when the Libertarian took 945 votes. That is a loss by 1.3%, not a sound defeat. It is also a new district. As usual, you're spouting off with bullshit.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:37 pm

Who controls the house?

He lost, as did your loser party...
― Noam Chomsky

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Even though it's very unlikely,maybe just maybe,this Jack O''Malley guy is thinking about someday representing the Alpena area in state politics someday.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:03 pm

ADD in TC wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 pm
Even though it's very unlikely,maybe just maybe,this Jack O''Malley guy is thinking about someday representing the Alpena area in state politics someday.
It would be cheaper to campaign. I think Betsy spent $324,000 to win her seat. She was taking on an incumbent in a red district. Some of that money was from me :)
― Noam Chomsky

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:53 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:24 pm

I ain't buyin' it.
I'm surprised if it's true,but I have from VERY GOOD SOURCES that O'Malley is now a resident of the east side of the state.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:10 pm

Jack moved from his home in Long Lake Township to Lake Ann to run for the State Senate the first time. I'm sure he moved again and wouldn't shock me if the arrogant prick ran again.
Jack lost because he did nothing, and took credit for a lot of stuff he had nothing to do with. He ran saying he was the guy on the radio... and lost to Coffia. Jack never mentioned if he was for or against the January 6 insurrection. He never spoke out against Jack Bergman's actions. That is why he lost....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic