Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTCM Audio Processing

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
ppr7997

WTCM Audio Processing

Post by ppr7997 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Was up north recently and wanted to pay kudos to the engineering team at WTCM. The audio processing is probably one of the better sounding country stations we have anywhere in this state. Not super loud, just rich sounding across the spectrum. Hats off to whomever you are!

ftballfan

Re: WTCM Audio Processing

Post by ftballfan » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:08 pm

ppr7997 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:22 pm
Was up north recently and wanted to pay kudos to the engineering team at WTCM. The audio processing is probably one of the better sounding country stations we have anywhere in this state. Not super loud, just rich sounding across the spectrum. Hats off to whomever you are!
It might have been more due to conditions, but I was able to carry WTCM solidly all the way to around MM 135 on US-31 (south of the exit where Electric Forest takes place off of and roughly 75 miles southwest of their stick between Mesick and Buckley) on my last trip up north

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:49 pm

The signal does usually carry quite well into Oceana and Newaygo counties.

I agree that their audio processing sounds terrific.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:32 pm

They know where their bread is buttered. Check out Z92, it's much let's impressive.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:35 am

Speech to text issues? 😉

Z93 used to sound great processing wise, but I agree that it didn't sound very good the last time I sampled the station. Granted, my listening location was the Reed City area. Perhaps it would've sounded better had I been within city grade range (where blending to mono would've been a non issue in the car).

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:49 pm
The signal does usually carry quite well into Oceana and Newaygo counties.

I agree that their audio processing sounds terrific.
Agreed. TCM Is a semi-local here in Fremont and the signal is common down to Grand Haven (at least before their LP turned on) and Grand Rapids regularly. It's pretty much always in well here, though Kiss regularly comes in on the side of it.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:35 am
Speech to text issues? 😉

Z93 used to sound great processing wise, but I agree that it didn't sound very good the last time I sampled the station. Granted, my listening location was the Reed City area. Perhaps it would've sounded better had I been within city grade range (where blending to mono would've been a non issue in the car).
no I seriously don't know the moniker because I don't know anyone who is ever listened to that station since they flipped it. I've been severely disappointed on how they have marginalized wklt. They've turned it into a lap dog and I can't imagine the advertisers are pleased with all the listeners moving away from the once powerhouse.

The bottom line is they are a political movement not a radio group anymore. They cater to a very small population in our area and everybody else just goes to Spotify or Apple.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:13 am

Very small population???

Have you seen TCM-FM and KLT's ratings lately???

Seems to me they outperform nearly every other station in the market. What does that say about everyone else?

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:13 am
Very small population???

Seems to me they outperform nearly every other station in the market. What does that say about everyone else?
And that is even with some of WTCM-FM's strongest counties being removed from the market!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:39 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:13 am
Very small population???

Z93, not WTCM

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:36 am

I'm glad you have some respect for WTCM-FM's success. I do still disagree with these remarks of yours:
I've been severely disappointed on how they have marginalized wklt. They've turned it into a lap dog and I can't imagine the advertisers are pleased with all the listeners moving away from the once powerhouse.
KLT's programming isn't my personal favorite, but the ratings are undisputedly good.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:36 am
I'm glad you have some respect for WTCM-FM's success. I do still disagree with these remarks of yours:
I've been severely disappointed on how they have marginalized wklt. They've turned it into a lap dog and I can't imagine the advertisers are pleased with all the listeners moving away from the once powerhouse.
KLT's programming isn't my personal favorite, but the ratings are undisputedly good.
listen to wklt for an hour, it's horrible.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:39 am

You might not like it, but a lot of people do evidently.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic