Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Before You Rent Out Your TC Area Property...

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Ben Zonia

Before You Rent Out Your TC Area Property...

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Read these 10 Horror Stories!

https://www.oddee.com/item_99421.aspx

Make sure your medical insurance covers hospitals in the area, and your homeowners insurance covers losses from guests. The premium may cost extra, and many insurance policies have a 30 day limit on such rental associated losses.

Renters can be total jerks, and neighbors may become hostile to both renters and owners. Internet bookings are probably the least controllable.

Any others here have horror stories?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Re: Before You Rent Out Your TC Area Property...

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:04 pm

Traverse City and most of the surrounding townships require proper insurance for rental damage. The other issues in the article aren't a liability in Michigan. The legislature has several bills pending on this matter.

Most properties gross $2500 - $3500 a week in the summer so the economics work, but every business has risk.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:24 pm

Renters can be total jerks.
So can many know it alls here on this board.

Maybe you know the policies in the REST of the much ballyhooed MICROPOLITAN AREA counties? Some people rent it out on a lark. A lot of proposals like you describe DON'T PASS. And the last I heard, The Constitution prohibits EX POST FACTO LAWS.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:05 am

A 7 year-old article on an ad-laden stale buzzfeed-wannabe site does seem to be relevant to NMI's broadcasting forum; doubles as an excellent opportunity to quote and argue with one's self.

Thank you Dr. Bizarro!

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:01 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:24 pm
Renters can be total jerks.
So can many know it alls here on this board.

Maybe you know the policies in the REST of the much ballyhooed MICROPOLITAN AREA counties? Some people rent it out on a lark. A lot of proposals like you describe DON'T PASS. And the last I heard, The Constitution prohibits EX POST FACTO LAWS.
The title of this thread is "TC area"...

It's a free country, don't rent your place. But trying to say these situations are typical or much of a threat is patiently false. We shouldn't be swayed by ignorant people who failed to properly prepare to be a landlord.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic