Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOUF Back! On 750 Petoskey.

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Ben Zonia

Re: WOUF Back! On 750 Petoskey.

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:01 am

Don't be nervous,
Don't be rocky,
You're our teenage,
Guest disk jockey now

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:57 pm

since16 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:39 am
I think when you see the new station on the air soon, maybe you're tune will change about this area. Until then, it's ok to speculate.
When do you guys plan on turning the 99.9 signal on? It's sad for me (as radio is my hobby) since Live 99.9 (and others) can be heard into Ludington very regularly and it kind of kills things :( but living in Fremont, I don't think the new station is going to be that potent anyway down here. WMOM sure doesn't get out well over here like it used to before the tower change. RDS injection seems pretty high as that has no problem when the signal is really crappy.

I enjoy WMOM and agree with the "quality radio" statement. Ludington is full of absolute sh*t radio. Two translators with the same signal, 98.7 that runs a lot of dead air and doesn't have the best engineering, 96.3 that sounds terrible and is always being slammed by B96 Chicago even a few miles outside of Ludington (even when it isn't, 96.3 is barely even audible outside of Ludington - the old 106.3, which I enjoyed, was a regular down here, but when 96.3 went on, can barely get anything here or even down in Hart).

The bar isn't set very high in the market. But even if it were, I think WMOM would fare quite well. People like having a local station with good music that informs them about things instead of being able to tune 10 different stations on the dial all advertising the iHeart music festival every year for a few months (advertising a show's hip-hop artists on a country station, for example). So good job with all you guys do there.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:12 pm

Yessir, everything up north is "Swimming pools, and movie stars"... at least for 3 months out of the year.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic