Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WATZ cutting heads?

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
kager

Re: WATZ cutting heads?

Post by kager » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 am

Another example of why BB users ask if there is a way to hide entire threads in a forum.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

lurker

Post by lurker » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Considering the longevity of most jocks on Biederman's stations, they don't let people go very often. There must be a very good reason.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:49 am

kager wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 am
Another example of why BB users ask if there is a way to hide entire threads in a forum.
I agree, but hey, let him rave. A trip to the laughing academy can't be far off. If I had to guess, if Clown Square really IS poking around up north, which I seriously doubt, someone is in a snit because they're looking at a viable group of stations, as opposed to "dumpster fire" stations. Just a guess, but the frantic, desperate, man out on a ledge style posts have been seen here before. He's probably licking the windows at the cluster in Grand Rapids, trying to arrange a meeting.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:58 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:49 am
kager wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:53 am
I agree, but hey, let him rave. A trip to the laughing academy can't be far off. If I had to guess, if Clown Square really IS poking around up north, which I seriously doubt, someone is in a snit because they're looking at a viable group of stations, as opposed to "dumpster fire" stations. Just a guess, but the frantic, desperate, man out on a ledge style posts have been seen here before. He's probably licking the windows at the cluster in Grand Rapids, trying to arrange a meeting.
Colonel “Flagellent”:

I see you have successfully been “called out” by the admission in your post.

You appear psychotic and desperate.

And so full of crap.

Like the group you fervently support and “lick” as referenced by you.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:45 pm

NMCSpeaks, drop it or go away.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:31 pm

TC Talks- There is no reason to drop anything. You do not have a corner on this board. You and Flagg have the same likes and loyalties.

We SHOULD stay on the original topic of this thread, okay?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:30 am

Holy shit do you come across as snarky and annoying. You must be a real joy to work with.

NMCSpeaks

Re: WATZ cutting heads? Town Square Media

Post by NMCSpeaks » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:17 pm

BigFreq

Re: WATZ cutting heads? Town Square Media

Post by BigFreq » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm

NMCSpeaks wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:17 pm
Relevant Topic To Pass Along:

https://radioink.com/2022/01/12/will-to ... pTbw%3D%3D
Sure, perhaps Townsquare will add more, but I can't imagine Northern Michigan being anywhere close to the top of the list; especially when they will have opportunities for buying self-contained market groups that don't need multiple signals (along with the associated tower rents and power bills) to deliver a complete metro. The opportunities that will likely garner TSQ's attention will be spun off by companies like iHeart and Alpha as those companies begin to look to improve their position by cutting away markets under #75. Anything under that is too heavily reliant on a local sales force, which means plenty of turnover, a high cost of sales, and a need for GM/GSMs willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Not as many of those out there these days willing to work as hard as it takes to reach corporate targets. The big boys live (and die) by what comes in nationally and regionally, where it takes fewer sellers -- and provides for a lower cost of sales -- to make their mark.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am

Perfect market for Townsquare - they could run the whole thing from GR with some local sales people hanging around. (Look at what Midwest is doing in a few markets)

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am
Perfect market for Townsquare - they could run the whole thing from GR with some local sales people hanging around. (Look at what Midwest is doing in a few markets)
I take it you've never run a radio station; nor recruited, staffed, trained and maintained local sales talent?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am

BigFreq wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
I take it you've never run a radio station; nor recruited, staffed, trained and maintained local sales talent?
I've hired, fired, abused and mistreated radio sales people since you were Little Freq. There are no jobs anymore in the radio biz, so they will take what they can get and like it.

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:14 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am
BigFreq wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
I've hired, fired, abused and mistreated radio sales people since you were Little Freq. There are no jobs anymore in the radio biz, so they will take what they can get and like it.
LOL! Plenty of jobs in the radio biz... but just not the ones former disc jockeys want to do. Of course, I'm not sure which there are more of... open sales jobs, or former DJ's (probably the latter). But I do know, if a former jock wanted a job in radio sales, all they'd need to do is walk through the lobby and ask for one.

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:46 pm

Have any further cuts in Human Resources at WATZ or any of the other station facilities under the Midwestern Broadcasting umbrella?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic