Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

7&4 problems

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
SBaxley

Re: 7&4 problems

Post by SBaxley » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:03 pm

I know this is a 7&4 thread,but in a way,I can see 29/8 doing what ABC23 WATM has done, and that's replace its newscasts with TND "The National Desk"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Even during the Barrington era, remarkably, I thought 7 & 4's newscasts were not bad.

I think they've improved under Sinclair's ownership.

I also find 7 & 4's web site to be superior to that of 9 & 10.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:38 pm
Even during the Barrington era, remarkably, I thought 7 & 4's newscasts were not bad.

I think they've improved under Sinclair's ownership.

I also find 7 & 4's web site to be superior to that of 9 & 10.
Not in the beginning. But the mismanagement resulting in staffing cuts was starting to trickle into the newscasts, in my opinion. I think Sinclair put a significant of money into the station in the beginning, which was definitely needed, but has since dropped the ball.

And I agree about the website. I believe it has been superior to 9&10 from day 1.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:12 pm

Sorry, Mr. Kinney working from home is not a professional move. You should have plenty of staff able to come into the studio to do the morning news. Even during an over blown Covid spike. I'm trying to put a positive spin on this... but I can't.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:43 am

I'm trying to put a positive spin on this... but I can't.
Ahhh... Is _that_ what that was... :eek

Personally, I think anchors doing mornings from home is neither an unprecedented action nor unprofessional. Even some national shows have gone back to doing it recently.

I do find 7/4's abandonment of any sort of attempt to provide a local weather blurb - prerecorded or live, static panel, anything - when the network breaks for them to do so, unprofessional.

Whether that's a remaining artifact of 'the hack' 3 months ago, yet another cheese-dick cost-cutting measure, or just plain lazy, it's lame at best.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:12 am

kager wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:43 am
I'm trying to put a positive spin on this... but I can't.
Ahhh... Is _that_ what that was... :eek

Personally, I think anchors doing mornings from home is neither an unprecedented action nor unprofessional. Even some national shows have gone back to doing it recently.

I do find 7/4's abandonment of any sort of attempt to provide a local weather blurb - prerecorded or live, static panel, anything - when the network breaks for them to do so, unprofessional.

Whether that's a remaining artifact of 'the hack' 3 months ago, yet another cheese-dick cost-cutting measure, or just plain lazy, it's lame at best.
It’s not just Sinclair’s 7&4 in TC. Sinclair’s FOX66/NBC25 in Saginaw/Flint no longer has local news or weather during the Today show. While I think it’s a result of the computer hack, their failure to fix it and/or leave it this way says volumes. My better half flips stations during that time to catch the weather. Sad she has to do that.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:58 am

Kinney back in the studio today, so temporary isolation must be over.

To 7/4's credit, they do fulfill the brief local news/wx combo network breaks once or twice an hour during Today.

The ~15sec local wx blurbs, however, do not exist.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:15 pm

I remember seeing a connection chart of microwave relays in the state many years ago. Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Cadillac, and Traverse City got their signals from Chicago. Flint, Saginaw, Bay City, and Lansing got their signals from Detroit. When Alpena went active in 1975, I think they got their link from Detroit through Clio.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:59 am

So anytime Joe Charlevoix is showing an active radar, he speeds it up to the point its difficult to process what is on the radar... and when he's showing the future radar, he speeds up the radar even faster... how can one know what's going to happen if you fast forward all of your graphics?? Really Joe. You've been doing this since before Bill Froelich was butchering the newscasts on weekends...

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:16 am

Sinclair is crap. Propaganda

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:55 pm

Joe Charlevoix was talking about "THICKNESS" tonight ... on two occassions..... it was cool.

Harrison Beeby said the Lions would be in the Super Bowl at the start of the season .... even my wife knew he was full of bulls.....t ....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic