Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TC Cherry Festival Carnival Ride Disaster 2021

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Shuts Up

TC Cherry Festival Carnival Ride Disaster 2021

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:56 am

Thank God everyone got out safely.

Maybe Gordon Lightfoot CC OOnt or the Barry Gibb CBE or Rupert Holmes can write a new song about it.

Experts are saying that the people jumping on the ride didn't do anything to balance it, given the weight of the ride, and may have put themselves in extreme danger.

Because of the politicization of the Cherry Festival this year, Fox News and other conservative news sites are having a field day with it.

Why was the ride disassembled and whisked away so quickly? Their Lawyers told them to do it?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

BayCityJohn2337

Re: TC Cherry Festival Carnival Ride Disaster 2021

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Omelette and Rick Coates were talking about it Friday morning on KLT.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:50 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:56 am
Thank God everyone got out safely.

Maybe Gordon Lightfoot CC OOnt or the Barry Gibb CBE or Rupert Holmes can write a new song about it.

Experts are saying that the people jumping on the ride didn't do anything to balance it, given the weight of the ride, and may have put themselves in extreme danger.

Because of the politicization of the Cherry Festival this year, Fox News and other conservative news sites are having a field day with it.

Why was the ride disassembled and whisked away so quickly? Their Lawyers told them to do it?
Always the conspiracy....

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:30 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:56 am
I've watched the video. In my non-expert opinion, they lost braking on it. The operator couldn't control the speed.
If you notice, once they cut the power, it took way too long to get the momentum down enough to stop it by hand.
If it would of been working correctly, the operator would of been able to stop the machine on spot.

As far as taking it down so fast, it may of been local officials saying get it out of here.
This just happened Friday in Wyandotte (south of Detroit).
A kid rock climbing an inflatable fell over 20' when the safety cable broke.
The city told the carnival to pack up EVERYTHING and leave, in the middle of a 3 day street fair.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... -art-fair/

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:53 am

Anybody who puts their life in the hands of a carny deserves the outcome.
Google up carnies and hit images if you need confirmation.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 am

Any device that has quick accelerations and decelerations like carnival rides can cause contrecoup brain injury. The brain is not stationary, it floats in cerebrospinal fluid, and on acceleration, bounces off the opposite wall of the skull, and can cause brain damage.These can show up on MRIs. They might assume it was from another type of accident trauma.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Arnold Amusements doesn't strike me as a trustworthy company.

I certainly wouldn't rule out sabotage to the ride.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Arnold actually has an excellent safety record. Your parents likely rode on their rides. The fact that they admitted the problem on camera and promised to share the outcome of the investigation tells me they have nothing to hide.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Sounds like a paid spokesman.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 pm
Sounds like a paid spokesman.
Or a fan of the companies that are transparent.

Equipment fails, that's why radio stations have engineers.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic