Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Common Ground Topic Of Interest To TC Talks And Me

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Shuts Up

A Common Ground Topic Of Interest To TC Talks And Me

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 am

Has there been any clamor for a special census to measure the influx of residents to the Grand Traverse Bay Region due to COVID and other Chaos downstate, and other fairly close regions? Likely, the 2020 Census missed it all, due to the fact that it is supposed to reflect the population on April 1, 2020.

I hear them talking about "The Great Influx" of residents into Northern Michigan on the radio, but I haven't seen actual figures which quantify this yet. I know that some school districts in the region have been overwhelmed with new students. I heard of some medical specialty practitioners who were offered double the salary to come up to Munson and McLaren satellite clinics because of the influx of retirees, from similar positions in Southeastern Michigan.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Re: A Common Ground Topic Of Interest To TC Talks And Me

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm

What is your point?

Our economy essentially is retirees. It has been for a decade. I don't think covid has much to do with it, but being on top 10 lists all over the world does.

For those of us who believe in climate change, Northern Michigan is one of the safest places to be in the United States going forward.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:05 pm

You really didn't address my questions and issues about the census.

I'm really sorry I brought this up.

MW, can you delete this topic?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:33 pm

What's your question to me?

The census is the census they don't just call extra ones because some people moved here from somewhere else.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:33 pm
What's your question to me?

The census is the census they don't just call extra ones because some people moved here from somewhere else.
why do you waste your time responding to this guy? hes an attention whore attempting to appear as though he's a troll so it would appear marginally less pathetic seeking out your response.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:58 pm

He also uses at least one other name on the site. We all are wondering why the need to cloak his other identity.

― Noam Chomsky

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm
For those of us who believe in climate change, Northern Michigan is one of the safest places to be in the United States going forward.
Yes, I have really noticed how warm Northern Michigan has been the last few years.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 pm

northradiotruth wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm
Yes, I have really noticed how warm Northern Michigan has been the last few years.
The shifts in the weather patterns have been pretty dramatic. The average temperature is going up every year and this winter with the exception of 13 days has been incredibly mild.

― Noam Chomsky

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:54 pm

The shifts in the weather patterns have been pretty dramatic. The average temperature is going up every year and this winter with the exception of 13 days has been incredibly mild.
Two years ago (2019) from January to April, we set records in snowfall where I live. In the last ten years, we have had a record snowfall for a winter breaking a 100-year mark and another winter with a record 40 days with below zero temps. Also by this theory, the west and south are going to be uninhabitable soon. So why is everybody is moving there? Maybe you better warn them.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:41 pm

So do you understand how climate change affects things? I'm guessing by your answer you might not.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic