Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 on the air?

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Colonel Flagg

Re: 106.7 on the air?

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm
Meanwhile, this may be the last photograph of the Historic WJML Studio Building, taken in December. The front half was torn down recently.

It looks pretty bad now. Makes the remaining WTRX building look good by comparison.
I thought Mr. Yob was running his broadcasting empire from 2175 Click Rd?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

kager

Post by kager » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:16 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Meanwhile, this may be the last photograph of the Historic WJML Studio Building, taken in December. The front half was torn down recently.

It looks pretty bad now. Makes the remaining WTRX building look good by comparison.
That's not a link to an image file ya got there, Ben.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:47 am

ADD in TC wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:56 pm
Looking at a recent FCC filing,it looks like Sovereign Communications is in the process of aquiring 106.7's former sister station 92.5.If so,it would seem they would likely use it for a repeater of one of their Sault Saint Marie stations.
Sovereign did sell off their Central UP holdings recently. However, they still need to rebuild the WYSS/WMKD tower (those two have been running on an STA for several years now). If they were to build a new 500 foot or so tower at or near the site of the former WYSS/WMKD tower, WSUE (which is on a very short tower nearby) could also move to it.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:09 pm

kager wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:16 am
Ben Zonia wrote:

That's not a link to an image file ya got there, Ben.
Images have not been posting on this board at all for months now. Almost no images I post ever show up; they just show up as "image" with an empty little icon. Doesn't matter if I attach one or link to a URL on my own server. For some time, they were showing up on my phone but not the computer (ever!) but then after a while they stopped displaying on both the phone and computer. I have mostly given up altogether with posting them.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

kager

Post by kager » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Doesn't matter if I attach one ...
This board does not host image files, so - unless something has changed very recently - you cannot 'attach' them to a post in a forum.

As long as:

1) the image selected is a supported graphic type (i.e. .jpg, .png, etc.); and,
2) the image selected is hosted on a public server using SSL (https://, not http://); and
3) the image selected above does not require any type of authentication in order to view it anywhere

it will work.

Do not assume - just because you can see the picture as an embedded image in your web-based email - that you may use the 'image location' URL of that pic here and have it show.

Also - although some here seem to have a hard time with the concept - much of what you can or cannot 'see' regarding images PROPERLY posted here has more to do with restrictions or allowances contained within the security settings of the BROWSER or DEVICE SECURITY SETTINGS than the board itself. Most of the broken 'IMAGE' links are the result of improper posting by the author vs. that listed above, or the server / service is not available.

IOW words, don't blame the BuzzBoard.

You can start by never ever EVER using IE again.

Ever.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:56 pm

The Buzzboard's PHP software is configured to permit imbedding of images within posts. If you go to the Full Editor option when creating a new post, you will see a button in the formatting bar that looks like a postcard. Click it and the image tags will create automatically; simply paste the URL in between the tags.

Kager's summary is a good one (thank you for posting that info!).

Browser or device security settings can definitely affect image rendering.

Proper syntax is exactly as Kager described. The below image was copied from an "https://" site.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:21 pm

I'll have to give it a test. I already post images exactly as described but have run into issues almost randomly. It'll work here but not there, or work on this browser today but not tomorrow, with nothing different, etc.

Usually my site uses http:// but I recently gave it the option for https:// as well. Let's see how it works, using an image hosted on my server showing typical station reception from my location under good conditions (tropo, but not an abnormal long-distance regional event):

I see that both http:// (first) and https:// (second) images show up when I post them, though this has happened many times before, but then on my phone it ends up being gone (perhaps a browser issue as mentioned) and then other times on my computer too, with the same browser as I post them on now.

As most of my posts on this site include images, the info provided can surely (hopefully) be of some help. If these images turn up missing, let me know!

Edit: Both images show up (despite not working in the past) on all platforms I had issues with before. Go figure. :eek I'll consider it a win.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 pm

Looks good from my side of the screen!

Both imbedded images show up beautifully.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:26 pm

I noticed the note from February saying that 106.7 had gone back off the air. Is this true to this day?

During the absolutely massive tropo opening between Northern Michigan and South Bend (and all points between) on Sunday morning, I noticed the absence of 106.7. Even with IBOC on the frequency, even the smaller signals from up that way were big. I had WCDY (just 56 miles away but only the second time in ten years it has EVER made it down here over WMUS). It would have 100% been a massive signal as it typically doesn't take a lot for that 100kw station to appear here. Yet there was... nothing. Therefore, I suspect it's off.

Even low-powered 92.3 and 99.3 by Frankfort were in strong. I recorded their new TOH ID that adds an extra station and corrects the mispronunciation of "Boo-lah" to "Beulah". I suspect 99.3 is running 1.45kw if they are using the transmitter they had in Traverse City when the FCC busted them. Suspecting they are low power, and wondering also if 100.1 is on the air there too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm

I was in Frankfort Sunday. Only 92.3 and 99.3 were on. 100.1 seems to be missing.

Fun fact, the guy doing the liners for ABC memories stations is a good friend of mine. He used to be the morning guy at my stations in Colorado.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craigrussell100

Post by craigrussell100 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Was Up North a couple of weeks ago...no 106.7 then...

You like corn?

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 pm
I was in Frankfort Sunday. Only 92.3 and 99.3 were on. 100.1 seems to be missing.
Is 101.9 still on these days? I didn't note that one either. But 101.9 was being walloped by IBOC from both my locals on 101.7 and 102.1 to the point it would have been pretty hard to hear. But no sign of it...

I am happy we got to enjoy the unique content of what was on 106.7 for those months. 24/7 Harris Heller? I mean, if you ever wanted to promote your music and have a stunting station, that is totally the way!!

1litemix

Post by 1litemix » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Any news On 106.7 Going on the air?

1litemix

Post by 1litemix » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:21 pm

106.7 is on in mono dead air

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:14 pm

1litemix wrote: