Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blarney Stone Petitions FCC to cancel WLDR license

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Colonel Flagg

Re: Blarney Stone Petitions FCC to cancel WLDR license

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Roy's troubles are far from over. :hat

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:59 pm
If it went to auction it might not return for a decade, between waiting for the next auction, and build-out time.
Could Roy be persuaded to swap out a lesser class Traverse City facility for the WLDR Class C1 facility for a reasonable amount of money? Kind of like the WGER WIOG facility swap?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:47 am

The full settlement agreement (which is only about 10 pages in length) is posted as an attachment on the FCC CDBS web site.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Att ... &exhcnum=1

N Content Marketing is required to repurchase some real estate on Gray Rd from Blarney Stone and there are mutual non-disparagement clauses.

If N Content Marketing fails to do so, then Blarney Stone is free to list the property for sale and accept other offers.

It is not completely clear to me what recourse BSB has to N Content, if any, should N Content fail to repurchase the real estate and an alternate offer from a different buyer at a lower price is ultimately accepted. (It appears N Content would simply forfeit its 10% earnest money deposit and would not be responsible for any deficiency payment.)

All complaints against the other party are dismissed with prejudice (meaning the matter cannot be refiled), and both parties are responsible for paying their own legal bills.

Also, upon occurrence of sale of the Gray Rd. site, N. Content retains the "option" to rent tower space (although no terms were specified) and BSB is relieved of any & all obligation regarding returning WLDR to the air.

The confidentiality clause in the exhibit to the Settlement Agreement is amusing, because by virtue of its filing with the FCC, it is now a matter of public record accessible by anyone.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:02 pm

WLDR has been back on simulcasting WOUF 100.1 at substantial power, possibly near full power.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:59 pm
If it went to auction it might not return for a decade, between waiting for the next auction, and build-out time.
Could Roy be persuaded to swap out a lesser class Traverse City facility for the WLDR Class C1 facility for a reasonable amount of money? Kind of like the WGER WIOG facility swap?
Didn't Booth American own both WGER and WIOG during the format & call sign swap?

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:22 pm

Just driving home from work,and noticed WLDR is now going by Classic hits 101.9.Will give a listen and possibly post more someday.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:11 pm

I was in Traverse City in July and noticed a station playing Standards on 101.9. Would it have been WLDR?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:49 pm

They were simulcasting 99.3 and 100.1 for a day or so, and I think the 99.3 was Standards. I haven't figured out if 101.9 is now running the final format, but they were playing decent listenable Classic Hits. Could be a track loop. Didn't listen long enough to see if it repeated.

tvbobn, I can't remember the sequence of ownership events that resulted in the WGER WIOG facility swap. Funny thing, I just talked to someone who was staying with Rick Belcher, and he asked if I knew who Rick was. WWCK-FM, when it increased to 25 kW, was playing some promo that mentioned taking on Rick Belcher in competition, with an "833 percent power increase". Funny, they're now both owned by Cumulus.

-Author Unknown

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:49 pm
They were simulcasting 99.3 and 100.1 for a day or so, and I think the 99.3 was Standards. I haven't figured out if 101.9 is now running the final format, but they were playing decent listenable Classic Hits. Could be a track loop. Didn't listen long enough to see if it repeated.

tvbobn, I can't remember the sequence of ownership events that resulted in the WGER WIOG facility swap. Funny thing, I just talked to someone who was staying with Rick Belcher, and he asked if I knew who Rick was. WWCK-FM, when it increased to 25 kW, was playing some promo that mentioned taking on Rick Belcher in competition, with an "833 percent power increase". Funny, they're now both owned by Cumulus.
A decent classic hits station would probably do okay on 101.9, especially considering its two competitors (104.5 and 107.5) have the worst signals of any commercial station in Traverse City!

1litemix

Post by 1litemix » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm

WLDR is sounding really good classic hits station on Satellite sounds like Dick Bartley is the voiceover guy

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:16 am

1litemix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm
WLDR is sounding really good classic hits station on Satellite sounds like Dick Bartley is the voiceover guy
I wonder who's handling sales? :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:16 am
1litemix wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:23 pm
I wonder who's handling sales? :rollin
Is that guy from Suttons Bay available? Talked way too much?

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic