Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roy H Selling Off?

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Roy H Selling Off?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:31 pm

Dr. Sandi, there was one station near San Diego that had about 10 Boosters.
Sounds like the old 102.1 KPRI, but I could be mistaken.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:11 pm

BTW, a 250 watt translator at 1142 feet HAAT is the equivalent of a grandfathered 3 kW/100 meter Class A.

Dr. Sandi, I had a long talk with a man by the name of JB (actual name was JB) Rice years ago. His wife, Donna Shick Rice, was the first woman in Michigan to hold a First Class Radiotelephone License. She was the Chief Engineer for the now defunct WAJL 107.1, which was the first FM station in Flint. She is also the sister of Dick Shick, DDS, who was frequently interviewed by the late JP (Joseph Priestley) McCarthy on WJR in a feature called "Tips From The Top On Teeth". He had been the President of the Michigan Dental Association at one time.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Dr. Sandi

Post by Dr. Sandi » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:01 am

I LOVE that name. Dick Schick, DDS. Cooler than Doogie Howser, MD.

There are precious few women in broadcast engineering. It's hard to convince Dad to fix dinner and take care of the kids when he gets home from work, just because some silly transmitter has taken the dirt nap.

Soon as I got my First Phone, I scooted out to Oregon to take the Chief's job at a Christian station that wasn't too picky about a long list of tech credentials. First Phone was good enough for the FCC. Fortunately for me, the GM was a very forgiving soul and I DID learn from my mistakes.

GenX lives at SuperCFL 94.5 HD4 Olympia - Streaming at http://supercfl.ddns.net:20110

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 am

I LOVE that name. Dick Schick, DDS. Cooler than Doogie Howser, MD.
I like Dr. Petcoff, the Veterinarian.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic