Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTCM-FM 103.5, etc.

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Talks

Re: WTCM-FM 103.5, etc.

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:43 pm

LOL, WCCW am is a loser. Tell me I'm wrong.

As for my credentials, I can guarantee that if you work in radio in market 121 you shouldn't be too impressed with yourself.

BTW, it's Mrs. Henderson who has the money. Roy squandered his "move in" money.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm

If Roy has millions, why doesn't he invest some of it into keeping the operation going reliably?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:43 pm
LOL, WCCW am is a loser. Tell me I'm wrong.

As for my credentials, I can guarantee that if you work in radio in market 121 you shouldn't be too impressed with yourself.

BTW, it's Mrs. Henderson who has the money. Roy squandered his "move in" money.
Oh yeah, you said the same thing yesterday.... so I checked out your “story” with certain people and also on the web that I was confident and sure who would know.

You are so full of shit, TC Talks.

Henderson is a self-made man financially all his professional life and his wife has contributed none of her wealth towards anything here.

Including your preponderance of “squandered move in money” and all.

Your lack of credibility here is showing even more.

It really didn’t take that much effort to find the facts, TC Talks.

You might try that next time instead of relying on your old “1982” desk drawer containing crap pages you yourself wrote.

If I am wrong (which I am not) here, then it will be on you to defend (and prove) what you said today (and yesterday), TC Talks.

No “Cool-Aid” allowed here, see?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:45 pm

How about you answer Audiophile's question about your "self-made" hero's sad state of affairs?

Did you realize the trail of financial failures that has been left behind him when you did your deep research?

You seem to have poor judgement. Better get to bed, work starts early for you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:45 pm
How about you answer Audiophile's question about your "self-made" hero's sad state of affairs?

Did you realize the trail of financial failures that has been left behind him when you did your deep research?

You seem to have poor judgement. Better get to bed, work starts early for you.
Sad, really.
Now he hides behind Audiofile, and appears cowardly for it.
No. I am calling you out, TC Talks.
Prove yourself or show us what a fraud you are.
As an educator myself, I have seen first hand others just like you.

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Then perhaps we can then get back on the topic of this thread, yes?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 pm

As an educator?🙄

Oh man, better "call me out", I'm headed back to my beach to wallow in my personal failures.

Work on an answer to the simple question we have asked you.

― Noam Chomsky

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:43 pm

This station’s parent , Midwestern Broadcasting and Biederman took out a loan of up to half a million dollars ($500,000.00) from the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and obviously hoping they do not have to pay it back.
So much for philanthropy.
And the prospect of divestiture at some point.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 pm

I don't know anyone with employees who didn't do a ppp. Hagerty did, they aren't in dire straights. The family foundation just donated a significant amount to the Urgent fund.

Keep in mind: Midwestern Broadcasting and the Biderman family trust are not the same financial organization. Most owners keep their businesses financially lean.

― Noam Chomsky

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 pm
I don't know anyone with employees who didn't do a ppp. Hagerty did, they aren't in dire straights. The family foundation just donated a significant amount to the Urgent fund.

Keep in mind: Midwestern Broadcasting and the Biderman family trust are not the same financial organization. Most owners keep their businesses financially lean.
TC Talks,

You don’t know anyone else with employees who didn’t do a PPP? Are you serious...or just ill-informed again?

Did MacDonald get a PPP loan? Did Black Diamond get a PPP loan or any other Northern Michigan broadcaster, with the exception of maybe Blarney Stone Broadcasting (which puts Midwestern Broadcasting and Biederman sharing this distinction)?

I predict change is coming and we’ll just have to wait and see. In today’s trades comes news that radio, including SiriusXM, is now listened to by LESS than 50% (fifty percent) of the available listening audience, for the first time.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:30 pm

NMCSpeaks wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:37 pm
In today’s trades comes news that radio, including SiriusXM, is now listened to by LESS than 50% (fifty percent) of the available listening audience, for the first time.
Sorry Sparky you're misreading the data.

In today's trades a study shows that people are listening to "digital devices" more than "analog devices"

And the study says "The shift away from in-car and at-workplace listening to at-home listening led to these enormous changes."

What it DIDN'T mention was what content people were actually listening to.. and a lot of that content WAS AM/FM radio. Listening to "traditional" radio over digital devices has increased exponentially

There's no question that the pandemic has hurt AM/FM radio - both in advertising and in listenership. But listeners are not abandoning AM/FM radio, even as they choose non-radio devices to listen.

This is especially the case for Sirius XM, who is heavily promoting listening on smart speakers and phones. They know it is the key to their survival. (Just listen to any Sirius XM channel promo these days..) Am/Fm radio need to start doing the same thing, but a lot of listeners are finding us anyway.

I am researching some more recent studies and will provide more backup later.

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Okay. Then there is this relative read:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... s-commutes

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:49 pm

NMCSpeaks wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:00 pm
Okay. Then there is this relative read:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... s-commutes
Real problems with this article are a complete lack of actual data (probably way too inside baseball for the average NPR listener) and the direct contradiction to the headline just below the fold. I'm looking at actual numbers from the last five months - there were some pretty dramatic drops in the first few months of this disaster, but I see turnarounds in May and June results (won't see July for a few weeks). I'll see if I can't quote some specific numbers (without getting into Nielsen trouble) soon.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:25 pm

NMCSpeaks wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:37 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 pm

TC Talks,

You don’t know anyone else with employees who didn’t do a PPP? Are you serious...or just ill-informed again?

Did MacDonald get a PPP loan? Did Black Diamond get a PPP loan or any other Northern Michigan broadcaster, with the exception of maybe Blarney Stone Broadcasting (which puts Midwestern Broadcasting and Biederman sharing this distinction)?

I predict change is coming and we’ll just have to wait and see. In today’s trades comes news that radio, including SiriusXM, is now listened to by LESS than 50% (fifty percent) of the available listening audience, for the first time.
Who fucking cares? I know many businesses who have received PPP and I bet Trish applied immediately. Have you worked with any of these groups? I have done business with 3 of them.

The point? The Biederman family has money in the bank... They aren't desperate, but no broadcaster is making much money today.

Beyond that find a good book and STFU.

― Noam Chomsky

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:09 pm

You really are “stuck” in 1982, TC Talks.
You really don’t know about current “facts”, do you?

Your continuing biased endorsement, albeit for years, is pure bullshit and rings hollow, especially when you fail to properly vet the “facts” you often stuff into your posts.

I discuss and write more about the medium today and I enjoy it. I will not be obsessed with dwelling in the distant past like you, TC Talks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic