Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WURO & WUWB

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
tvbobn

WURO & WUWB

Post by tvbobn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Anyone in the central Michigan area know if WURO channel 18 Roscommon and WUWB West Branch channel 20 are on the air or not.

Someone several months ago posted something about them both being off the air, but I couldn't find that post.

RabbitEars still shows them on the air, but I was camping near West Branch several weeks ago and couldn't get a signal from either station. I was only there one night, so was wondering if they've been off since the post months ago or if they're back on now?

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

Colonel Flagg

Re: WURO & WUWB

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Camping near West Branch, eh? Kicking the tires on WBMI perhaps? With an FM, and a couple of LPTV's, you could be king of all media in Ogemaw County. Bring on the $5 spots!

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Camping near West Branch, eh? Kicking the tires on WBMI perhaps? With an FM, and a couple of LPTV's, you could be king of all media in Ogemaw County. Bring on the $5 spots!
We sold both of those stations to Glen Wilson/M33 Media. I wondered if he still had them on the air. RabbitEars shows them on, but someone several months ago posted one was off and then the other one went off. When I was up there I couldn't get a signal from either one!

You're the only person that's replied to my post. Thanks!

I'm not interested in getting in the boonies ever again! Built 4 radio stations and several LPTV's, been there, done that!
Last edited by tvbobn on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 am

That would be me that reported WURO and WUWB off the air. WUWB went off the air around a year and WURO late summer if I recall correctly. My wife and I had a cottage in Houghton Lake Heights, and had a 40' tower. Both stations came in well. When the cottage was sold in October, both stations were off the air. I don't know what their status is since then (other than what I read here).

You could try to contact the owner via their web site: http://m33media.com/

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:53 am

kc8yqq wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 am
You could try to contact the owner via their web site: http://m33media.com/
Damn, that site is like a scam retailer without the retail: no physical address, phone number, or email address to be found - at least not in the usual place(s).

Oddly enough, in Terms & Conditions:

"Terms and Conditions
M33 Media – for sales call (989) 685-5501
M-33 MEDIA, L.L.C.
TERMS AND STANDARD CONDITIONS
FOR PURCHASE OF BROADCAST ADVERTISING

The person, firm or other business entity contracting to purchase Advertising on its own behalf (“Advertiser”), or on behalf of the advertiser named on the face of the advertising purchase contract (“Agency”), (collectively known as “Purchaser”) and WURO-LD Ch. 18 and WUWB-LD Ch. 20 owned and operated by M-33 Media, L.L.C. (“M33 Media”) 380 W Borden, Rose City, MI 48654 accepting this contract (“Station”) hereby agree that the advertising purchase contract, shall be governed by the conditions and terms set forth below. "

WFT is that even doing there?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am

Did they buy to send high-speed data?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am
M33 Media is a wireless internet provider in that whole area from north of Fairview Mio area to south of West Branch. Have been for several years, long before he purchased the LPTV stations.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:10 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am
M33 Media is a wireless internet provider in that whole area from north of Fairview Mio area to south of West Branch. Have been for several years, long before he purchased the LPTV stations.
Definitely a workable business model, but that's an economically challenged area. Your customer base would be limited.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic