Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Traverse City is open Friday

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Ben Zonia

Re: Traverse City is open Friday

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 am

Either way, or any way, bmw is right about the area around Iosco County. It should be straight across.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed May 20, 2020 9:29 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 am

Either way, or any way, bmw is right about the area around Iosco County. It should be straight across.

Regions 2 and 4 should have been split, with the northern portion of each becoming 2-a and 4-a (and those parts opening to the same extent as 6 and 8 )
2-a would have included Clare, Isabella, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Newaygo, Oceana, and Osceola counties [five of those eight counties do share a health department with five Region 6 counties]
4-a would have included Alcona, Arenac, Gladwin, Iosco, Ogemaw, and Oscoda counties.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 pm

While I agree that it's time to reopen restaurants here in TC,I wonder if it is smart to do so in a tourist community on a busy holiday weekend. Especially with the very short notice.I'm guessing most if not all the operators thought the earliest they could possibly reopen was May 29th,and that was just for outdoor dinning.

I'm in the biz,and I know of multiple places that are going at break neck speed trying to get staff back,ordering and prepping food and training on new safety measures in order to be open by 11am Friday,or in one case a bar that supposably will open at 12:01.(thankfully my employer is waiting to reopen early next week)

I could be wrong,but it would not surprise me at all if a few places do more daily covers this weekend,even at 50%, then they did back in mid March which is typically a slower time of the year.That is assuming they have outdoor seating and a all day steady stream of customers.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri May 22, 2020 2:50 am

I think it's bullshit that the restaurants and shops that are being allowed to open were not given a week of "ramp up" time prior to the day when so many tourists will be hitting northern Michigan. They deserved a trial run before going under fire. I think even people who normally wouldn't go north for Memorial Day weekend might show up just to have fewer restrictions, similarly to so many that have been going for getaway weekends in Ohio the past few weeks. The way the places here have to learn an entire new way to operate, and they deserved a few days to work out the kinks. #Bitchmer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 22, 2020 7:35 am

I heard the governor wanted to take a vacation up north this weekend, hence the changes. I guess we will see soon if that happens.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Jim Sofonia

Post by Jim Sofonia » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Oh yea, she has a place in Elk Rapids. I'm only glad restaurants did open as my wife and I had her Birthday and our 25 Anniversary out of a paper bag. Today we SAT DOWN in the La Senorita and had our first taste of freedom.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 pm

That La senorita was one of the places I knew was going at full boar speed to reopen.i heard they were doing reservations this weekend and seating walk-ins if any tables were available after that.I sure hope that first taste of freedom doesn't later mean spending a full day or more on the John.

A bit off topic,but I hear the restaurant I'm employed at is having a very difficult time finding enough staff(even at 50 % capacity).Nothing unusual about that In this business here up north.The thought came to me,why would anyone apply to work there or anywhere else when they can make at the very least 600 dollars a week sitting at home collecting unemployment with no requirement to be looking for work?

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm

I could be wrong,but it would not surprise me at all if a few places do more daily covers this weekend,even at 50%, then they did back in mid March which is typically a slower time of the year.That is assuming they have outdoor seating and a all day steady stream of customers.
I know of six full dinning restaurants and two bars that have already reopened here in TC.Hard to say at the moment for various reasons,but I may be dead wrong on my above quote.Drove past both the Red Mesa and Bob Evans a couple times.i would say both places had a total of about 15-20 cars.Some of the motels along that stretch though look pretty busy while others seem to be still closed,traffic is definitely heavier.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 am

With the stay at home order extended to June 12th, how is going to restaurants and stores that were just opened who previously were deemed non-essential not going against the new order by leaving your home to go to those places? If you can only go out for essential reasons, how are those places essential? I'm completely lost here. And those coming up north, why aren't they bringing their own supplies and self quarantining themselves for two weeks when they get here?

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 am

No RADIO mentioned here, at all.
Sad really.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 pm

I'm in the hospitality business and have a lot to say on this subject,but as the poster above mentioned,this topic has nothing to do about Northern Michigan radio. He's right,I will try to find elsewhere to post my opinions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic