Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Ethics Rules Local Radio MUST Establish NOW To Survive...

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
NMCSpeaks

New Ethics Rules Local Radio MUST Establish NOW To Survive...

Post by NMCSpeaks » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Credit to Sean Ross’s “Ross On Radio” 4/28/20:

Going forward, broadcasters need an industry code of ethics — no more predatory pricing and no more FM translators broadcasting your competitor’s format commercial-free for the sole purpose of hurting another radio station would be my first two items. You probably have your own list. There should also be a new interpersonal code. Those lucky enough to continue working in radio need to treat those who no longer are with more grace: You are not more relevant than your peers of the same age who the business has left behind. You are just luckier.

CK-722

Re: New Ethics Rules Local Radio MUST Establish NOW To Survive...

Post by CK-722 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:48 pm

They also need a voluntary HIPAA type code prohibiting disclosure of confidential information and faxes. I have been on the receiving end of problems like this when competitors got a hold of confidential information. It's enough that almost all of it becomes available on line sooner or later. And denials of truth revealed by History Cards by people saying "that never happened". Busted!

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Dr. Sandi

Post by Dr. Sandi » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Based on personal experience, somebody would have to explain the concept of ethics to way too many station management types to even have this conversation.

GenX lives at SuperCFL 94.5 HD4 Olympia - Streaming at http://supercfl.ddns.net:20110

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Dr. Sandi wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Based on personal experience, somebody would have to explain the concept of ethics to way too many station management types to even have this conversation.
Post of the year.

Radio has been a fiercely competitive business since the 1980's. it would be better for all parties involved to work together but you are crazy if you think the type of nuts that are attracted to this industry would agree to it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:32 pm
Dr. Sandi wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Post of the year.

Radio has been a fiercely competitive business since the 1980's. it would be better for all parties involved to work together but you are crazy if you think the type of nuts that are attracted to this industry would agree to it.
Good point TC. Simply look no further than the history of threads on this site, where medical records have been shared, gossip is often created, and so many people speculate the happenings of an industry from which most no longer receive a paycheck from. Any while the fierce competition is no longer as sexy as it was in the 80's and 90's, when it was typically generated on the programming side, it is still competitive, cruel and even -- at times -- embarrassing. But there is something about this industry that draws us like a moth to a flame, does it not? :blink

Dr. Sandi

Post by Dr. Sandi » Sat May 02, 2020 12:46 am

It's not the industry that draws me, it's the work. Creating something 'magical' under difficult conditions is what twists my knob. Somehow, I feel like I owe my allegiance to the mystical thing we call radio. But the stations involved can all line up to kiss my wrinkly butt.

GenX lives at SuperCFL 94.5 HD4 Olympia - Streaming at http://supercfl.ddns.net:20110

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:05 am

Dug up the column and read the whole thing - something that it's obvious Dr. Sandi did not. Lighten up Frances.

https://radioinsight.com/ross/186585/a- ... -tell-you/

Dr. Sandi

Post by Dr. Sandi » Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 pm

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic