Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Northern Michigan Radio In My Area STINKS!

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 4520

Northern Michigan Radio In My Area STINKS!

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm telling ya, Northern Michigan radio is horseshit, at least for my listening area of the north. Went to Gaylord then back to Grayling and the radio just stinked, stanked, and stunk! KLT still plays tunes that were outdated 20 years ago. Rock 105 is blah, I don't like that "new" rock crap like Shinedown, SOD, etc. Blah! TCM, well I loathe this newer country. I just don't feel a connection with these noob music personalities therefore I don't have a pleasurable listening experience. Q100 is to obscure. So many others...

Colonel Flagg

Re: Northern Michigan Radio In My Area STINKS!

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Q100 probably needs a balance between the deep tracks and the burnt to a crisp classic rock tunes that the drywallers and electricians sing along with. While I get what Q100 is trying to do, there are many things that need adjustment. The logo looks like it belongs to a Country station. With regard to balancing the music, we had similar challenges at the very short lived 95.7 WBGK Milwaukee. The sound was just a little too sophisticated for a market like Milwaukee. Thinking back, only the chardonnay swilling audiophiles loved WBGK.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Two stations up there sound the same.

One sounds like a train, the other you could drive a train through the song segs.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 am

I agree that Northern MI radio stinks, but we need to set a standard. Does it stink MORE or does it stink LESS than Jim Price?

48125er

Post by 48125er » Sun May 03, 2020 2:29 am

My favorite station up there is 106.3 MAC FM.

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 am

!!
Last edited by northradiotruth on Sun May 03, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 am

That's an easy choice.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 03, 2020 9:40 am

Who is advertising? There are many easy options that don't involve some overbearing sleazebag salesperson.

Two years ago I tried to place $50,000 in airtime buys in Traverse City. I sent out a request for proposal I got ridiculous responses if they responded at all. Those funds went to digital news media, Social media and some other places that we were able to utilize. The reporting metrics were amazing, who trusts Nielsen ratings anymore? The results were also better-than-expected.

Radio has two problems; arrogance and delusion. There are a few stations that are worth investing with. The rest of the stations are just not worth time or money. At least print is working their butts off trying to improve their product with less money. Radio tries GoFundMe.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm

So, here it is on a lazy, rainy Sunday evening with nothing going on. I decided to check out KLT and my assessment is the same. That station is just in a rut and living in the past. I know it's a classic rock station but damn, how many times do I need to hear Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Tom Petty, etc? Nothing against those bands but these have been regurgitated so many times for decades. Why do they refuse to change and stick with that outdated formula? Would it hurt to move onto the 80's rock scene and leave the 70's behind? And their imaging is just trash. Nothing about it makes me wanna be a regular listener.

Nothing has changed with WQON with their obscure playlist. The imaging is also lousy.

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Deleted User 4520 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm
Nothing has changed with WQON with their obscure playlist. The imaging is also lousy.
I don't understand the hate for Q100's playlist being "too obscure." I find it refreshing, compared to the repetitive classic rock formats of Detroit stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic