Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blarney Stone broadcasting opens a Go Fund Me page.

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Milk

Re: Blarney Stone broadcasting opens a Go Fund Me page.

Post by Milk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:16 am

92.1 was a much-better station when it was WKKM "The Country King". It was in mono and most of the music was on vinyl, even well into the CD age of the 1990s.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:29 am

What I remember about that station were the weather updates straight from the National Weather Service in Houghton Lake. The actual NWS meteorologists gave a brief summary and then read the forecast. Very unique! I don't know of any other commercial radio station with such an arrangement.

I loved the authentic sound of the station. That station really got out, too, for having just 6 kW (or was it 3 kW?).

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:28 pm

This station has prerecorded weather and they DO NOT break in with severe weather alerts nor do they mention if there is a watch for your area. Is there some sort of rule that says they have to participate in that?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:12 pm

No rule.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:32 am

Blarney Stone would be wise to go back to focusing on the Grayling stations they own, and forget about "renting" all of these rim-shot signals around Traverse City.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:33 pm

Good point.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Jim Sofonia

Post by Jim Sofonia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:29 am
What I remember about that station were the weather updates straight from the National Weather Service in Houghton Lake. The actual NWS meteorologists gave a brief summary and then read the forecast. Very unique! I don't know of any other commercial radio station with such an arrangement.
We did that at WATZ in Alpena for some time. One of the announcers had a friend at the local NWS.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic