Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Norm Jones

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Milk

Norm Jones

Post by Milk » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 pm

I just got word that Norm Jones, longtime WTCM personality has passed away.

TC Talks

Re: Norm Jones

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Damn, I knew he was not well a few years ago. I feel bad for his family. He moved around town, his last gig was WTCM before being exited along with Dave Barr when the station made a gentler turn around.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:14 am

So very sorry to hear this!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/normjonesshow/posts/

Norm used to be a named user here in this forum on the BB (the BuzzBoard's many 'history eraser button' episodes since have probably eliminated all of his posts). His posts were often unfiltered, and actually about radio & TV in the market.

I was fortunate to know Norm back in the early 80's when we worked @ competing radio stations, but both lived in Petoskey. We had many of the same interests, music tastes, heroes, passions, and dreams of success in the biz. He had the nuts and drive to keep pursuing them...

As a listener, one of my favourite segments when he was working WTCM-AM, was when he interviewed a common hero of ours - WLS' John 'Records' Landecker. I was late for a meeting that day as I sat in the store parking lot to hear the whole thing.

I had a very odd coincidental reason to think of Norm just yesterday morning, driving right by the house near Tom & Dick's in Petoskey where he used to live. Now I know why. Fond memories of those times now as this is written, but with blurred vision.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP, Norm - from one of your '18 listeners'.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:34 pm

So sorry to see this about Norm. I was unaware that Norm had been ill. Norm was PD at WCCW for quite awhile, both before and during Fabiano-Strickler's ownership of the stations, in the mid to late 80's. He stayed on doing afternoons on "92 Gold" when J.P. DeSantis took over as PD. Norm was at JML for awhile during it's heyday, but I am not sure of the timeframe. It would be hard to find a nicer guy in the business than Norm Jones.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Milk

Post by Milk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic