Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

102.7 wmom back on air

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
hunterw

Re: 102.7 wmom back on air

Post by hunterw » Sun May 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Listening to Wmom on the way down from TC to northern mason county. Their signal is definitely weaker, started coming in at around m55 and M-37 but was not able to clearly listen until on freesoil road (still a little static), (before was able to listen from almost mesick, not sure if their at full power yet but Wisconsin stations (wrvm) is booming in right now. Makes it hard to compare but can tell the signal is way weaker in northern mason county. I can adjust my antenna so slightly and the station flip to wrvm from Wmom. Still glad they are back on air and local. Grew up listening to MOM-FM. I prob should do an update tommorow as WIXX is coming in likes it local right now, which means wrvm is knocking 102.7 out of it could. Good time to scan the dial though.

since16

Post by since16 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm

Was listening today in Bear Lake and all the way down to Manistee. Had friend tuning in near Brethren the other day after the move.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Listening in Fremont, the signal is significantly weaker now overall (and compared to just before they switched tower sites). It's to the point it's barely listenable anymore on the car radio, which is disappointing. Decent signal on the portable, but only aiming right at it. By Newaygo, it's basically gone entirely. WRVM and V103 fill in the nulls easily. I was hoping that as long as the station was back on the air, I could at least enjoy it. But I think that may not work as I had hoped with the new tower and power reduction. No doubt it will still cover the lakeshore area to the north quite well.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu May 28, 2020 8:53 am

Its new site is (very slightly) short spaced to 102.9 in Grand Rapids. However, it's not as bad as 96.3 WKLA's short spacing to 96.3s in Peshtigo and Petoskey.

since16

Post by since16 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 am

Just a quick update, we are putting some new equipment into the transmitter today so should be back up to full power soon and also we are pricing out a new solid state transmitter upgrade. Hopefully we will have that in place in the next 30 to 60 days.

hunterw

Post by hunterw » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm

Listening Today when heading back up to tc from mason county. 102.7 stayed fairly clear till Irons, then static and wrvm started to interfere, was able to keep it but with static and fading more often all the way till around harietta on M-37 as before the change it would stay clear almost to Mesick.

Station sounding really good and really good music playlist of all of today’s hits and recurrent from early 2000 thru today as they were in the past. And imaging is really good too. The voice overs sounds very similar to WGLQ’s.

hunterw

Post by hunterw » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 am

listening online this morning and the station reverted back to pre-relaunch playlist and TOH for relaunch is back like they did last week. Was playing current hit music till around 7-7:30 this morning then went back to 80’s and now airing last weeks at40 HOT AC charts, hopefully they get this fixed and maybe play the top 40 version in the evening. Love the music they play and hoping they add more newer and recurrents and also add pop rock music from linkin park, good charlotte, Green Day, Paramore, fall out boy, nickelback, saving Abel, weezer, papa roach (scars), twenty one pilots, panic at the disco, and other (pop) rock hits that made the mainstream top 40 stations. Hard to find stations that play those songs like WMOM used to. (even before they went 1/3 alternative in 2008 ). Most of them play pop and hip hop/dance these days . Morning show is live and local, a bonus considering most stations in the area are syndicated formats

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:05 pm

WMOM's web site is infected with malware.

At least three different hyperlinks, instead of taking me to the intended page, auto-redirected me to spammer sites.

Hopefully someone from the radio station sees this and corrects the problem.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

hunterw

Post by hunterw » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Went to muskegon today 102.7 surprisingly came in well till just north of muskegon and surprisingly was able to listen to them with static all through out Muskegon, went far south as Steinberg road (airport exit)and still had it tuned in but with fading and static. Wonder if they are on a sort of directional signal or is wrvm the issue for freesoil and north listening area signal fade.

Ps. Hope they add more of today’s hits and recurrents (missing so many songs) and stop playing the pre 2000 hits. Breakfast at tiffanies getting old. Hopefully they are working it out. They got a great reputation and listenership in ludington and are way better sounding then wkla 96.3.(I know that’s not saying much).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic