Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WCCW AM tower site for sale

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Talks

Re: WCCW AM tower site for sale

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Kennelly Heaviside wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 pm

When did the towers come down? Anything on the TV News?
Why would the press care? No one really listens to the station. They were there in early August.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Why would the press care? No one really listens to the station. They were there in early August.
AM stations are getting new life by diplexing, saving on land cost commitments. It is a better solution than just going nondirectional with flea power at Night, and sometimes ridiculously low power even in the Daytime and selling off the land. Would imagine that the Chum's Corners land was valuable because it's like a major turn in the road. Diplexing at the Secor Road site may be a good use of land presently out in a sparsely populated swampy area. And it's a more favorable direction, and possibly less sandy than the original and STA site on Barney Rd. Radio Historian and Archivist David Gleason noted the limited signal when he did his first Spanish Language show for migrant cherry harvesters on WCCW back circa 1962.

Kennelly Heaviside. The best Technical Consultant no money can buy.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:49 pm

I thought so. The signal to the North is worse than it was with 5000 watts nondirectional, so I figured that the STA was operating. Why they applied for 3250 watts Day instead of 15000/4=3750 watts which would be allowed puzzles me. 7500/4=1875 watts Night makes sense. However, I wonder that if they leave it on all Night whether they will get complaints from WIBA Madison and others. Good for HS Sports PBP. Are they doing that?

I'll ask Scott Fybush if he knows what the shortest time any array was ever used is. This is pretty short. That's Scott's department..

They had a respectable signal with the 15/7.5 DA-2.
I do know that WNZK's original array (about 3 miles NNW from Metro Airport) was up less than 5 years, possibly less than 4.

This was not a downgrade, on the contrary, they built a new array on Will Carleton Rd. With 8 total towers, and, of course, the dual frequency array (690 days, 680 at night).

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:03 am

I never saw the old WNZK array, but I heard it was closer to DTW and had three towers. It was 500 watts, and probably had pattern conditions toward WLW, and perhaps the vacant CHYR 710 allotment and CFTR 680. My guess is that the maximum was to the NNW.

Kennelly Heaviside. The best Technical Consultant no money can buy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic