Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

100.7 WITL

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TVC_DX5678

100.7 WITL

Post by TVC_DX5678 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 am

I usually scan my radio to check for DX (it's usually a total dead zone around this time) but what surprises me is how many times WITL comes in around here. They're just as common as the semi-local stations. Among other stations that come in often include WBFX, WFMK, and WUGN. Is there a reason that these particular stations come in, even when the weather isn't particularly good?

Arthur Mometer

Re: 100.7 WITL

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:47 am

When I spent a lot of time in West Central Michigan, WYEZ Elkhart, IN would come in on 100.7 after WBRN-FM signed off, almost every Night. WBRN-FM would sign off, Mark would leave the exciter on while he did production, and turn it off when he left and WYEZ would be right there. I guess it's just the milieu of stations on frequencies that are duplicated and not duplicated. Otherwise, you would probably also get WJIM-FM and not WKLT.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic