Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Format change at 101.5 Manistee (recreation of lost thread)

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
organman95

Re: Format change at 101.5 Manistee (recreation of lost thread)

Post by organman95 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am

WC8KCY wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:37 am
Hey, not all of us here in Manistee are stuck in 1950. Next time you're in town, perhaps we could go have a coffee.

In my opinion...operators who have dared to operate an FM station here have mostly missed the mark in terms of what our community would actually tune into and support with advertising.
I thought WMTE did well with the format used under thr Coast moniker. At least thats when i enjoyed it most. Stopped listening shortly after it was switched back to complete satellite-fed.

But as i said, i do enjoy the format now. A very nice and broad mix

Radiohead

Post by Radiohead » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Who owns WMTE now??

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:55 pm

organman95 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am
I thought WMTE did well with the format used under thr Coast moniker. At least thats when i enjoyed it most. Stopped listening shortly after it was switched back to complete satellite-fed.

But as i said, i do enjoy the format now. A very nice and broad mix
I fully agree. Coast FM did make something of a splash when it launched and could often be heard as background music at local businesses. For a while, it was fresh, engaging, and seemed like a station that Manistee and Onekama could really embrace and call their own. As with 1340 before it, it seemed they eventually became lazy and stopped caring. Another bird-fed automated station with no local programming that won't pass along severe weather alerts--what's the point of listening?

organman95

Post by organman95 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 pm

WC8KCY wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:55 pm
I fully agree. Coast FM did make something of a splash when it launched and could often be heard as background music at local businesses. For a while, it was fresh, engaging, and seemed like a station that Manistee and Onekama could really embrace and call their own. As with 1340 before it, it seemed they eventually became lazy and stopped caring. Another bird-fed automated station with no local programming that won't pass along severe weather alerts--what's the point of listening?
Exactly. And what about the couple times their EAS got stuck and there was dead air until someone finally went into the station to fix it? I understand automation at night, but during the day should be live DJs. Hope they eventually get back to morning quiz with a prize of some sort. I know that drew in a lot of people in the morning.

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 am

I've been monitoring the new 101.5 overnights over the past couple of days and have to say I think they're really on to something. My audiophile ears give two thumbs up to the processing they're using, and the playlist is an engaging mix of mostly '80s hits with some older and more modern material thrown in.

Ads are really few and far between on overnights, which concerns the broadcaster in me--hope they're selling more time in other dayparts. They say they are streaming, too.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 am

WC8KCY wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 am
I've been monitoring the new 101.5 overnights over the past couple of days and have to say I think they're really on to something. My audiophile ears give two thumbs up to the processing they're using, and the playlist is an engaging mix of mostly '80s hits with some older and more modern material thrown in.

Ads are really few and far between on overnights, which concerns the broadcaster in me--hope they're selling more time in other dayparts. They say they are streaming, too.
They are, I listen online throughout the day at work. The thing I like about the playlist (aside from 70s - 2000s) is that not everything is the #1 or #2 hit. So not entirely the same set as everyone else. Example, I heard "I'm 18" by Alice Cooper the other day. I haven't heard that on a classic rock or classic hits station in YEARS

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:35 pm

I have heard some ads on my (fairly brief) listens today, from the following businesses:
Dynamic Physical Therapy (ad mentioned Gaylord, but Dynamic has a location in Manistee as well)
Parkdale Auto Sales
West Coast Farm Equipment (Onekama)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic