Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grayling Rocker

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
fairbankshockeypuck

Re: Grayling Rocker

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Now if ya really bored...try streaming KIYU out of Galena, Alaska....A guy named flyin' Brian does an oldies-request three hour program from 5pm-8pm eastern time. Dubbed "community radio", it is commercial free and airs statewide on translators through out the state of Alaska. An interesting mixx at times.....I would be curious as to what you folks think....

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:27 pm

SpartanAM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am
I was listening around 8pm and all seemed fine. When did they go off?

Has anybody else noticed this station has a slight STL hiss?
Yup. When I was there in the mid 90's it had a noise floor problem. I tried to clear it up as best I could with basically nothing but my ears to work with. I finally brought the input to the processor at the TX down a bit. That was winter of 1996.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm
Getting back to WIDL - if its intended audience enjoys the station, that's all that matters at the end of the day.
Unpredictable stations like WIDL, M-106.3 in Greenville and Sunny 97.3 in Big Rapids are what make small town radio great! :)
THIS! And I, for one, cannot wait until there are MORE locally-owned and programmed stations to listen to. I'm beyond sick of hearing the same couple hundred songs over and over and over. Sure, working on-air helped burn them out even worse that a normal man, but ALL my "non-radio infected" friends complain that stations sound stale because they hear the same songs endlessly. All the polish in the world doesn't make up for the fact listeners are sick of your station's music and hit the button often. That's the way *I* see it anyways.

Yep....when we switched to our current automation system, which was programmed by the people that "know", I was ready to quit or blow my brains out. Thankfully, we discovered a way around it, and it saved my sanity and is popular with listeners. With our current process, we have been having a lot more fun with listeners, have more advertisers and are moving in the right direction monetarily speaking. We are trying to stay as fluid as possible, because it won't last forever.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic