Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy People At Townsquare

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
WOWwowWOW

Happy People At Townsquare

Post by WOWwowWOW » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:41 am

I bet a new announcement made many at Townsquare very happy!

Sholmes

Re: Happy People At Townsquare

Post by Sholmes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:18 pm

What is the announcement?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Free samples from the dispensary ads?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Another clunker of a ratings book for WMMQ.

Cruisin' 92.9 continues to show surprising strength. I lay the blame on Clownsquare's decision to fire MMQ's local morning drive talent in favor of airing the WGRD morning show.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb195

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:36 pm

I think I prefer Cruisin to MMQ these days. Cruisin plays some good old classic rock songs, before classic rock radio discovered the 1987 AOR bin.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:36 pm
I think I prefer Cruisin to MMQ these days. Cruisin plays some good old classic rock songs, before classic rock radio discovered the 1987 AOR bin.
I've streamed Cruisin' a few times, and I agree. I wish classic rock stations still had that type of playlist. Hell, I even hear some deep cuts on there that otherwise only get played on my stereo at home. That alone lets them score major brownie points in my book. :hat

Speaking of, Mega, you might want to stream KCDX out of Phoenix. No commercials and the variety is pretty damn nice; plenty of deep cuts that I can't hear anywhere else, even on SXM's Deep Tracks.

take this job and shove it

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:02 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:36 pm
I've streamed Cruisin' a few times, and I agree. I wish classic rock stations still had that type of playlist. Hell, I even hear some deep cuts on there that otherwise only get played on my stereo at home. That alone lets them score major brownie points in my book. :hat

Speaking of, Mega, you might want to stream KCDX out of Phoenix. No commercials and the variety is pretty damn nice; plenty of deep cuts that I can't hear anywhere else, even on SXM's Deep Tracks.
I agree with our Canadian friend Turkeytop when it comes to streaming. Take a look at my sig line 😉

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Cruisin' 92.9 continues to show surprising strength. I lay the blame on Clownsquare's decision to fire MMQ's local morning drive talent in favor of airing the WGRD morning show.

You do realize that was part of the deal that Clownsquare cut with FBHW during the depths of COVID? FBHW had to take a temporary pay cut due to the lack of revenue coming into so many Clownsquare stations. In doing so, there was an agreement that they would be put on every 🤡 square rock station when the pandemic subsided and billing went up. They made back their pay cut when multiple Clownsquare stations added FBHW the same day.

It’s really too bad. MMQ’s morning guy was funny and great to listen to. Meanwhile, FBHW aren’t even as remotely as funny as they were with Zane there.

48125er

Post by 48125er » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Realist wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm

You do realize that was part of the deal that Clownsquare cut with FBHW during the depths of COVID? FBHW had to take a temporary pay cut due to the lack of revenue coming into so many Clownsquare stations. In doing so, there was an agreement that they would be put on every 🤡 square rock station when the pandemic subsided and billing went up. They made back their pay cut when multiple Clownsquare stations added FBHW the same day.

It’s really too bad. MMQ’s morning guy was funny and great to listen to. Meanwhile, FBHW aren’t even as remotely as funny as they were with Zane there.
Iirc, FB&HWs ratings werent that good when Midwest had them on the former 94.1 the edge WVIC., history repeats itself I guess, are they still on 104.9 in BC?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:19 pm

What is FBHW?

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:19 pm
What is FBHW?
Free Beer and Hot Wings, a really lame syndicated morning show based out of Grand Rapids

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic