Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Free Beer and Hot Wings now Mornings at WMMQ?

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
radiofan86

Re: Free Beer and Hot Wings now Mornings at WMMQ?

Post by radiofan86 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:55 am

97.5 ran a syndicated AM show for maybe 2 months. They have been back to local in mornings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am

I didn't realize that; thanks for the info!

The ratings took a nosedive when they were airing the repackaged syndie show from the west coast. (Cannot recall now if it was Brooke & Jeffrey or the Jubal Show.)

I am very pleased to see the station quickly reversed course.

It'll be interesting to see if 94.9 makes a similar move later this year; I have a feeling Free Beer & Hot Wings on WMMQ will not make into next year. It is generally a program reserved for very small markets or low budget "also ran" stations. 94.9's audience probably will not embrace a completely talk intensive morning show that isn't Lansing-based. I also suspect longtime Bob & Tom listeners will not switch to 'MMQ.

'MMQ is hardly a low budget "also ran" station; it generates as much in ad revenue as a number of stations in the Grand Rapids market.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am
I didn't realize that; thanks for the info!

The ratings took a nosedive when they were airing the repackaged syndie show from the west coast. (Cannot recall now if it was Brooke & Jeffrey or the Jubal Show.)

I am very pleased to see the station quickly reversed course.

It'll be interesting to see if 94.9 makes a similar move later this year; I have a feeling Free Beer & Hot Wings on WMMQ will not make into next year. It is generally a program reserved for very small markets or low budget "also ran" stations. 94.9's audience probably will not embrace a completely talk intensive morning show that isn't Lansing-based. I also suspect longtime Bob & Tom listeners will not switch to 'MMQ.

'MMQ is hardly a low budget "also ran" station; it generates as much in ad revenue as a number of stations in the Grand Rapids market.
FBHW will probably bomb in the ratings as they did in Toledo, and 94.9 will go back to being music-intensive in mornings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic