Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is Sarah Swistak Gone from WILX?

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
gotigers

Is Sarah Swistak Gone from WILX?

Post by gotigers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:04 pm

Sarah Swistak has been off the air for months with health issues and the birth of her daughter. I don't know that she ever got to host an episode of "Studio 10" on WILX, which was supposed to be "her show." (She was listed as co-host and EP.) Today, I noticed she has been removed from the WILX website entirely. I can't find anything on her social media to indicate she won't be returning to the air. (Just two weeks ago, she posted a 7-year WILX anniversary picture.) Anyone know anything about this?

mr v

Re: Is Sarah Swistak Gone from WILX?

Post by mr v » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 am

In January she posted she was suffering from vertigo. I am not sure if between that and having two babies to raise she stepped away? I really don't know. While looking at the WILX page it seemed weird to post photos of pretty much everyone who works there, including producers and sales people, on the website, all sitting at the anchor desk.

mr v

Post by mr v » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 pm

She posted on Facebook she will be a stay at home Mom.

wsummers

Post by wsummers » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:32 am

Here is her response

Sarah Swistak

Thanks everyone! Reading all of your comments made me smile! I can really feel the love.
To answer a few questions I’ve gotten through direct message...
1. Yes, this was my dream show and it was a really difficult decision to leave. But I can smile knowing I was instrumental in getting it off the ground. I picked the graphics, the music, the furniture, the segments...Etc.
2. I am still having bouts of vertigo. They hoped it would go away once I delivered, but it did not. It actually got worse. I am losing my balance regularly, and am back in physical therapy multiple times a week.
3. Stress triggers my episodes, and we all know TV is stressful! Especially when there’s extra tension.
4. I will be unpublishing my Studio 10 page, but this page will stay up. That means you can still keep up to date on my adventures with my girls. ❤️
5. I am not going anywhere and will still be in the area. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back in the business once I’m feeling better.
I’m excited for this new adventure and will forever be grateful for all your support.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Good luck to her.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic