Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fred Heumann is back, on WILX...

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
Trophyhead

Fred Heumann is back, on WILX...

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:30 pm

A Tim Staudt tweet confirms this, Fred was on Channel 6 in the 80s, as I recall it and made it to Detroit for about a decade, then went back to 6 until some recent point.

He certainly knows the market.

gotigers

Re: Fred Heumann is back, on WILX...

Post by gotigers » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Just came here to see if anyone reported on this. I saw it via Ann Emmerich's Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/WILXAnnEmmeric ... 6366910112

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:35 pm

6 was foolish to fire him. Now it’s going to bite WLNS in the butt. The string continue to gets stronger at WILX. Congrats Uncle Fred! Show them how it’s done.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:09 am

Very pleased to see this. Fred is one of the good guys in the business.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Congrats to Fred on the new gig. He can take over once Tim retires. Many in the market have worked for both 6 and 10.

gotigers

Post by gotigers » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:09 pm

high fidelity wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 pm
Congrats to Fred on the new gig. He can take over once Tim retires. Many in the market have worked for both 6 and 10.
All of WILX's regular evening crew has been on WLNS. David Andrews, Ann Emmerich, Tim Staudt, and Andy Provenzano were all at 6 at one point or another. Emily Wahls is also flipping to 10 next summer, but she has a noncompete clause to wait out. Has anyone currently on 6 worked at 10? I don't think so... I don't know if that means anything, but it's kind of interesting.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Gotigers: It means TV6 continues its decades long efforts in alienating its underpaid talent... only to have them show up on 10. If you’re not Sheri Jones, you’re likely to be on the outs with Jam, the king of gossipers. Jam’s future is likely in doubt with the new GM. Marci needs to bring in some new blood to refocus local news coverage, rebuild morale and plan a future post Sheri.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Talk about longevity, Tim has been on the air forever, and Andy Provenzano has been in the market since 1985 when he replaced Randy Bhirdo who ended up in Detroit.

gotigers

Post by gotigers » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm
Talk about longevity, Tim has been on the air forever, and Andy Provenzano has been in the market since 1985 when he replaced Randy Bhirdo who ended up in Detroit.
David Andrews, too. He's been on Lansing TV since 1986.

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 pm

The record for longevity in Lansing TV has to go to the 2 Tims...Staudt and Skubick. Both started in TV right around 1970.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:39 am

Both Tims need to retire. Their schtick is getting real old.

Tell me when Staudt actually broke a major sports story? How about Skubick — who focuses his entire presentation on process at the Capitol instead of the impact of policy by speaking with real viewers/businesses.

I get it, they have longevity and name recognition. But WILX and WLNS have no succession plan for either Staudt or Skubick. Maybe WILX is finally getting a clue by bringing on Heumann to build a post-Staudt sportscast.

G G

Post by G G » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:11 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:39 am
Both Tims need to retire. Their schtick is getting real old.

Tell me when Staudt actually broke a major sports story? How about Skubick — who focuses his entire presentation on process at the Capitol instead of the impact of policy by speaking with real viewers/businesses.

I get it, they have longevity and name recognition. But WILX and WLNS have no succession plan for either Staudt or Skubick. Maybe WILX is finally getting a clue by bringing on Heumann to build a post-Staudt sportscast.
Fred is getting long in the tooth as well. Not a good move.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:04 am

Fred has been getting out and covering stories. A great move by WILX, especially considering that Tim never leaves the studio to do real human interest stories anymore. WLNS is getting left behind due to its lack of contacts and institutional knowledge... not that Jam really cares.

gotigers

Post by gotigers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:18 am

I caught Fred for the first time this evening. He was back in his element covering high school football. I don't think I've seen WILX put this much effort into sports in a long while. (Tim Staudt has been phoning it in with prerecorded "In My View" segments for a few years now, and they've had the news anchor reading the sports on the weekend quite a bit over the past several years.) Tonight they actually had three live reporters (Fred, Kellan Buddy, and Natalie Kerwin) out on location to cover high school football resuming practice today. Maybe Fred can breathe some life back into the WILX sports department.

mr v

Post by mr v » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Fred knows his sports. He worked in Lansing, then at 12 in Flint, then Detroit, and back to Lansing. He used to run the scoreboard at Tiger Stadium on his days off from TV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic