Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chris Tyler leaving WITL

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
thephoneman

Chris Tyler leaving WITL

Post by thephoneman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Per announcement on witl Facebook page. Looks like the purge there is complete....

WOWwowWOW

Re: Chris Tyler leaving WITL

Post by WOWwowWOW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Stephanie, Don and now Chris in a matter of a couple months. If ever there was an opportunity to take them on, it is now. With that said, no one will.

WHZZ should do it at 101.7 and come out with a campaign for it. Just one up the dial for the #1 country....blah, blah, blah. I'm not good with the words but they are the only with a signal to make a charge and positioned right with marketing they would have a shot. Oh, but what about 94.1? Fact is the signal just sucks in the metro except in cars

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 pm

I agree with you regarding WHZZ.

Another option would be 92.9. A one-two punch of 92.9 + 94.1 going up against 100.7, attacking Wittle from both sides of the country music spectrum.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 am

Another of the good guys gone. Chris is a bright programmer who knew WITL and appreciated the station's heritage, as well as an easygoing and recognizable Wittle air talent. I know all of Midwest's Duke formats are jockless, but this would be a great opportunity to pick up a couple of familiar voices in Don and Chris for drive time shifts. That's a demo that, IMO, would positively react to live, interactive radio with talent they know from the pre-Duke era.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic