Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WLMI Flipping

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
WOWwowWOW

Re: WLMI Flipping

Post by WOWwowWOW » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:41 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:23 pm
BTW, I noticed that 92.9's drops use incorrect grammar: You don't play less commercials....you play fewer commercials. A quantity is different than an amount.
Not that they're the only ones. I've noticed an increased use of this incorrect syntax all over the media in recent years.
Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:06 pm
Maybe they just don't have that many sponsors and in the old days, the carousel would have had fewer carts.
Basically this just means...no one wants to buy ads from them and they have lots of open inventory!
They have cried wolf so may times with "this is going to be H***!" that the advertisers have no faith in them to provide an on-air product worthy of anyone listening to and thus not giving the advertiser much value for their ad dollar.

ChrisWL1980

Re: WLMI Flipping

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:03 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:23 pm
BTW, I noticed that 92.9's drops use incorrect grammar:

You don't play less commercials....you play fewer commercials. A quantity is different than an amount.

Not that they're the only ones. I've noticed an increased use of this incorrect syntax all over the media in recent years.
98.7 in Detroit used to do the exact same thing during its AMP Radio era. Not that the 12-year-old girls who encompassed their primary audience cared much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic