Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Q106 interference

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Q106 interference

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm

The crappy little translator in Grand Rapids began interfering with Q106 near the Ionia - Kent line this past weekend. I'm pissed.

Used to be able to pick up Q106 NO PROBLEM for at least another 12 to 15 miles until W291DJ took to the airwaves.

Unfortunately, I am not sure if there are enough regular listeners in Cascade Twp, Lowell, Alto / Bowne Twp, and Caledonia Twp areas for the station to be able to make a stink about this. I would mention Kentwood, but I suspect Kentwood is too far outside of the station's protected contour for the FCC to act. The protected contour is 54 dBu; I believe the interference complaint must be within the 48 dBu to count per recently enacted rules.

I absolutely love Q106's playlist!!! Best rock station in Michigan right now. A couple stinkers play on occasion (Blink 182, for example), but they play so much HEAVY SHIT that I love!

Today alone, Q106 played:
Dope Show by Marilyn Manson
Duality by Slipknot
Hypnotize by System of a Down
Walk by Pantera
Guerrilla Radio by RATM
Superbeast by Rob Zombie
You'll Never Find Me (awesome new single) from KoRn.

Good luck trying to find all of those songs within a single day's worth of music on lame-ass Detroit radio!

Realist

Re: Q106 interference

Post by Realist » Mon May 11, 2020 6:13 pm

That was the same area where the interference started LAST SUMMER when I was traveling to GR for training. It’s BS. Q106’s signal always went further than that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic