Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RIP 1470

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Colonel Flagg

Re: RIP 1470

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:22 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:04 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:37 pm
Last week, when I checked the frequency, it sounded like some kind of urban format fading in and out. Sounded secular but I could be wrong.
Was that within an hour or two before sunset?

You may have been hearing WVOL Berry Hill, TN (Nashville) before they switched to night pattern.

Hey, Ben Zonia, what do you think?
No, it was definitely dark and had been for a while. I want to say it was around 8, 8:30pm.
WVOL's night pattern points due south, so if they are staying on day pattern as Ben suspects, that adds up. Last time I was in Nashville the night towers looked a little rusty. They are right off I-65 south of Trinity Lane.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

edj

Post by edj » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:36 am

SpartanAM wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:05 pm
I wonder if anyone will take a stab at the conservative talk format in Flint ever again. WTRX seems like the only possible candidate. If I were WSGW I'd try to get a translator in the Flint area. WFDF has a great signal in the Flint area, perhaps they should focus their marketing towards Genesee County.
It’s too tempting to go for the pie in Metro Detroit to focus on Flint. Not that they are really having much success there since the only local advertising I’ve heard is for WXYZ’s newscasts. The billboard advertising appears to be gone too.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 am

WWJ 950 is doing a lot more Traffic and Temperature reports and other stories from the Flint Area. Their 5 mV/m City Grade predicted contour reaches Southern Genesee County. The predicted WFDF 5 mV/m covers all of Flint. The TOH ID could also reflect the call letters-Farmington Hills-Detroit-Flint. I think Cumulus and WJR are shooting themselves in the foot by purging conservative talk shows. They also purged local host Michael DelGiorno at WWTN. He is now syndicated from WLAC, and it seems like WFDF would be a natural station to syndicate given his Michigan heritage.

Still think 1470 should revert to WKMF, go to Classic Country Gold and AC Gold Crossovers, and finagle a translator. If the local morning guy wanted he could still do a morning show on it.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:39 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 am
WWJ 950 is doing a lot more Traffic and Temperature reports and other stories from the Flint Area. Their 5 mV/m City Grade predicted contour reaches Southern Genesee County.
The last time we saw Flint market ratings that included WWJ, they were tied with WFNT. You may be on to something. https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb163
To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

dirtymind410

Post by dirtymind410 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 am

So now we have no talk radio at all in the greater Flint area? PBS sucks and the lefties are taking everything away.

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:46 am

Just to be clear, the private equity owners of Townsquare Media, not the liberals, are responsible for WFNT's demise.
To the hostile invading aliens hovering just beyond Earth's atmosphere, “Eat the Canadians first!”

-R.I.P. Ian Punnett

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:47 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 am
WWJ 950 is doing a lot more Traffic and Temperature reports and other stories from the Flint Area. Their 5 mV/m City Grade predicted contour reaches Southern Genesee County. The predicted WFDF 5 mV/m covers all of Flint. The TOH ID could also reflect the call letters-Farmington Hills-Detroit-Flint. I think Cumulus and WJR are shooting themselves in the foot by purging conservative talk shows. They also purged local host Michael DelGiorno at WWTN. He is now syndicated from WLAC, and it seems like WFDF would be a natural station to syndicate given his Michigan heritage.

Still think 1470 should revert to WKMF, go to Classic Country Gold and AC Gold Crossovers, and finagle a translator. If the local morning guy wanted he could still do a morning show on it.
It's not a bad idea. If I had the keys, I'd be more tempted to try Classic Soul, with the recent demise of WOWE, but with some full service elements. I wonder what it would take to buy back the WAMM calls?

All that aside, I suspect Townsquare isn't a fan of AM anymore. They've turned off quite a few stations recently.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:56 pm

dirtymind410 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 am
So now we have no talk radio at all in the greater Flint area? PBS sucks and the lefties are taking everything away.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic