Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another one bites the dust

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Another one bites the dust

Post by sinklair » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:53 pm

Congrats Karin… the never seen news Director has driven out another reporter. Rachel Just — who was our shared state Capitol reporter — just announced she was leaving… making even fewer reporters contributing to WEYI’s “newscasts”. When will this insanity end? Just turn out the lights for good.

Trophyhead

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:44 am

"Another one bites the Just" was simply laying there, I do pity the young who think there's a career-length path possible in broadcasting, particularly with AI as a most valid "thing." I see MAB promos touting the variety of jobs the industry holds for them and do grimace a bit.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:35 am

Trophy: I like your title, play on words so much better!

I don’t think AI will replace real journalists— AI needs something to pull from to create its AI-generated stories. It can’t cover in real time breaking news. (At least not right now.) Plus there’s a trust factor that I think will be a driving factor for the top sources of news that AI can’t compete with. AI will definitely change the way we get News and analyze information— but I think it’ll be more akin to News pre-internet versus post-internet.

As for Rachel… I hope she is leaving for a station group that actually values journalism.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:01 am

Corporate consolidation is more of a drag on the industry, for talent's sake than AI at this point, but we shall see. "Don't forget your slant for 'Market X, Y or Z.'"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic