Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair Names Kevin Dunaway Vice President/General Manager in Flint

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe

waynerobertson1

Re: Sinclair Names Kevin Dunaway Vice President/General Manager in Flint

Post by waynerobertson1 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:51 pm

His first hire will be his wife.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:22 pm

I thought Kevin and Michelle were better than a Sinclair right wing hate Station.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:15 pm

VUit must not have been the $$$ and growth monster he though it was (going to be).
waynerobertson1 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:51 pm
His first hire will be his wife.
Bing! :lol
whitebalance wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:22 pm
I thought Kevin and Michelle were better than a Sinclair right wing hate Station.
Maybe they care less about that opinion than moving forward and paying their bills.

Who knows? (most certainly not stinklair)

Maybe the change will be good for 25/66 and their advertisers, viewers & staff.

Maybe not. It is a tad early to be passing judgement on that, though...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:01 pm

It’s obvious Kevin no longer does research… or cares about career longevity.

He’ll be the fourth GM in about 4 years… Chad, Jennifer, and Becky all saw the light and got out.

The four people left in the News department no longer care who is in the corner office. They know who is calling the shots. They know what direction the station is headed.

Everyone under contract is just going to ride out their contracts. Those without contracts are actively looking for new jobs. No one expects any open positions to be refilled.

In less than two years, the whole Flint newsroom will cease to exist. The Flint-Saginaw TV market will have only two locally produced newscasts for the first time since the early 1970s.

Why does Kevin want this gig? God only knows. It’s one of the worst GM gigs around.

It should say something when the current, veteran managers were not considered for the GM opening. Jamie, The ASSistant GM/Marketing Director… Cody, the Director of Declining Sales… Gary, the “Lack of Business” Manager… Karin, the despised corporate appointed news director and WNEM exile — none of them were picked.

Will the change at the top be good for staff, viewers, advertisers? Hell no it won’t.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:38 am

Kevin should have stayed in West Michigan. I hear there might be a GM and News Director opening at WOOD-TV 8. Even with all the drama there, it’s still a better situation than working for Sinclair.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:36 am

I'm sure they lower the bar pretty far when hiring in Flint. Kevin isn't quite GR worthy.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:44 pm

The bar for Flint GMs is pretty much non-existent right now from what I’ve seen

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:53 am

Why didn't the KOMO GM not want to go back to 25/66 why does he still have a job at KOMO since that is the last place station in Seattle?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:20 am

MasterB: better question is why does Conklin have a job in the first place? The only skill set he brings to the job is that he knows how to play the Sinclair political game. He’s been a failure in Flint… driving 25-66 into the ground and leaving subsequent GMs with the shell of a station. He’s now overseeing the last place station in Seattle…. Conklin brings zero vision. He’s only as good as the people he’s surrounded by. And by his time in Flint, from what I saw, he couldn’t recruit-retain-motivate anyone. Sinclair can keep Conklin as far away from mid-Michigan. He was a cancer. No one (except for maybe Jamie the Marketing Director) misses him.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Former WEYI Meteorologist Kevin Usealman wrote on his Facebook:

“This is the guy that told me I wasn't "close enough" to someone to go to their funeral.
Sinclair material through and through.
Welcome to Flint! Now running Fox 66.
He will join the current news director and two of the three worst humans I've ever met will be united in right wing Sinclair unholy bliss.”

Wow, talk about a pipe bomb. Now I wonder who are the other “worst humans” are on Usealman’s list.

mr v

Post by mr v » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:19 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:46 pm

“This is the guy that told me I wasn't "close enough" to someone to go to their funeral.
Welcome to Flint! Now ruining Fox 66.
Fixed.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:37 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Welcome to Flint! Now running Fox 66.
He will join the current news director and two of the three worst humans I've ever met will be united in right wing Sinclair unholy bliss.”

Wow, talk about a pipe bomb. Now I wonder who are the other “worst humans” are on Usealman’s list.
Wow! This guy must be a monster.
And I'm sure ex-Meteorologist and Real Estate mogul Kevin Uselessman's life was forever changed by that comment.
Stink, I can see you were disturbed as well.
Imagine if you went to every funeral for everyone you weren't "close enough" to ,or didn't know very well (same thing).
How would anyone get anything done.
Just another nothing burger from our friend Stink.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic