Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
organman95

Re: More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Post by organman95 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:48 pm

What is an NDA?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm

Non disclosure agreement— basically it says you can’t say anything about your time with Sinclair or they could sue you. That’s why I refused to sign it… as have many ex-employees. But they frequently threaten to tie up paying out any unpaid time off until you sign the NDA.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:28 am

It is sad that this is happening. I do not pretend to know how this all went down, but I am worried about the people I worked with and loved. There are a lot of very good people at 25/66.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:27 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:39 am
Still offering nothing new Soundchaser. Not sure why you are obsessed with attacking me and defending the indefensible approach that Sinclair is making at its stations. Maybe it’s because you’re part of the problem/an insider stooge? Or just someone who doesn’t know what it takes to actually do the work to improve local newscasts.

You say I washed out/couldn’t make it. That’s hardly the case. Because I moved on to another/better opportunity when when contract ended (like dozens of people before me and since) doesn’t mean anything other than I was done putting up with Sinclair’s/management crap. But im sure you’d label anyone who has left 25-66 as a malcontent. But because you write such does not make it true.

As for your assertion that all I do is regurgitate national news stories. Also not true. When you leave 25-66, they make you sign a NDA. I chose not to sign my NDA, but also am making sure if I were ever sued, I can point back to a national media article as the original source and that I was not disclosing any sensitive information. I am merely using my First Amendment privilege to comment on information in the public light. And before you say I can’t do that, please check with an actual lawyer. I did.

Trust me when I say after 12 months have passed, I will have MUCH more to say and will be even freer to disclose some of the horrible stuff that went on when I was at WEYI. So stay tuned. Im sure you’ll continue to try to bash me and other 25-66 workers who believe the company and management are solely responsible for the state of its station.
Spin it any way you want.
You're still a douche bag.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 am

I can't wait for Sinklair to expose what went down at 25/66, meaning Nellie will be put on blast along with ND that went to KOMO in Seattle. Why wait another year since you didn't sign the NDA and they don't know who you are other than Sinklair that is obsessed with Sinclair LOL :lol.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:06 am

Glad you can’t wait. But you’re going to have to. I’m not your monkey. I do things on my timeline, not yours.

And get your facts straight… it was the egomaniac/former GM Chad who went to KOMO. He’s having the same “success” there driving down the ratings, quality of journalism and morale.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:57 am

That’s an interesting take Keto… it seems you’re more interested in protecting corporate NDAs than the free flow of info. You’d be great Sinclair management material.

Name one thing I’ve said in the Buzzboard that was factually incorrect. Those who tend to criticize me usually end up looking like fools themselves when I’m proven right.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:31 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:57 am
That’s an interesting take Keto… it seems you’re more interested in protecting corporate NDAs than the free flow of info. You’d be great Sinclair management material.

Name one thing I’ve said in the Buzzboard that was factually incorrect. Those who tend to criticize me usually end up looking like fools themselves when I’m proven right.
Uncorroborated statements from an anonymous source are never credible.

Directly contested and uncorroborated statements from an anonymous source are even less credible.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:49 pm

From what FTVLve had yesterday, seems that there's a possibility that WEYI/WSMH newscasts may be hubbed out of Sinclair's K-Zoo CBS affiliate WWMT just like their Toledo NBC station WNWO TV newser is hubbed out of WSBT the CBS affiliate in south bend,Indiana, and they aren't the only ones that will be hubbed.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 am

Steve: you’re right on the money. While I doubt any firm decision has been made, it’s not hard to follow the dots. This is the same playbook they used before a “formal” hubbing announcement was made in Toledo and other Sinclair markets. It’s a matter of time — not if, but when hubbing takes place. It’s time for anyone at my former station to start polishing up your resumes. Don’t believe anything coming from the corner office, just look at what’s happening (cutting newscasts and staff) and use logic to figure out what the long term plan is.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am

Keto: It’s written in past tense

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:01 pm

keto wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:24 am
sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am
Keto: It’s written in past tense
C’mon! Give me a hard one!
That’s what she said.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:52 am

If I was Erik find a new job or move to sister station WWMT as they need a weekend morning weather met as Christina Anthony left in late Nov for a PR gig in Kazoo. I know what they do for weather on the weekend mornings unless they tape it from the night before.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:29 am

You’re clearly not Erik…

Why would someone who moved to Flint to be a chief meteorologist go to Grand Rapids to do weekend mornings? He’s got family in the Detroit area so it makes more sense for him to stay local, if he can find an opportunity.

WNEM is looking for a met, but I doubt Jayne will hire another white male… and it would be a step down (not Chief, since Chris isn’t going anywhere).

This is how Sinclair is screwing over a lot of really good people.

Not everyone can just pick up and leave. Some people have bought homes. Others have kids in local schools. Not everyone wants to move to Kalamazoo to work for a third place station, producing news for the last place station in Flint.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:56 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:29 am

WNEM is looking for a met, but I doubt Jayne will hire another white male… and it would be a step down (not Chief, since Chris isn’t going anywhere)..
He appears to be like Ahmad in a way. Content in the market but could see eventually getting an opportunity he can’t turn down.

As much as it’s terrible at 25, at least Erik has some weight off his shoulders.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic