Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More Sinclair Greed

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

More Sinclair Greed

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:52 pm

Not sure what the Corporate Death Star is thinking… but it’s now getting all of its ABC stations kicked off Hulu because it refuses to negotiate in good faith for retrans fees.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/sinclair-st ... disney-abc

More people are cutting the cord, going away from cable and satellite services, and going toward streaming services like Hulu. More idiotic and greedy decisions by Sinclair!

MasterB

Re: More Sinclair Greed

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:12 am

TV station groups should get deals with HULU, YouTube TV, Fubo TV, etc on their own it shouldn't be made from the national level CBS O&O. NBC O&O's, Fox O&O's, ABC O&O's. I believe that HULU & Sinclair will come to terms on a new deal sometime soon. Sinclair has Stirr streaming service those can get the local ABC Sinclair TV station on Stirr.

Do you think that Nexstar, Grey, Scripps, TEGNA, etc were wrong to pull the CBS TV stations from Fubo TV a month ago Sinklair which TV station groups were right to do that and get a deal on their own than take the CBS deal what they got from Fubo which is a good deal for CBS not a good deal for the local TV station groups?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Re: More Sinclair Greed

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:43 am

Sorry, MasterB, I’m not following your argument. I think it’s shortsighted to pull programming off the platform that’s seeing major audience growth. In the end, viewers will become frustrated that they can’t get certain programming and will move on. Sinclair only sees the $$$ in front of them without seeing the big, long term picture.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic