Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ABC12 welcomes meteorologist Isaac Cleland

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Taco

ABC12 welcomes meteorologist Isaac Cleland

Post by Taco » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Looks like he's part of the weekend team.

https://www.abc12.com/abc12-welcomes-me ... oby5lynF3A

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

organman95

Re: ABC12 welcomes meteorologist Isaac Cleland

Post by organman95 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:47 pm

Good luck to him. I think he will do well as he grows into the position.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:03 am

Congrats Isaac and welcome to Flint. Now if you have any friends looking for jobs, please tell them to avoid NBC25-FOX66-the Sinclair Death Star.

It’s hard to believe that it could have gotten any worse than the In Over Her Head News Director Neille, but Karin has completely stopped any attempts at hiring for our multiple openings. The HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner — who has never worked one day in the newsroom — is being sent to job fairs at CMU, MSU and the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. They know how much a disaster the newsroom is…

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:16 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:03 am
Congrats Isaac and welcome to Flint. Now if you have any friends looking for jobs, please tell them to avoid NBC25-FOX66-the Sinclair Death Star.

It’s hard to believe that it could have gotten any worse than the In Over Her Head News Director Neille, but Karin has completely stopped any attempts at hiring for our multiple openings. The HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner — who has never worked one day in the newsroom — is being sent to job fairs at CMU, MSU and the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. They know how much a disaster the newsroom is…
Let's translate this post: "Congrats Isaac and welcome to Flint. Here's more of my narcissistic never-ending rant against my former employer that I will NEVER let go of. Here's a personal attack against someone who doesn't even work at the station anymore. Now on the off chance that you want to recruit some friends to a competing station so you can work against them (because let's be honest, that's what friends are for) don't let them go to the station in distant third place."

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:48 am

“NiceGuy”? Sounds more like BitterGuy.

Since you like rewriting posts so much, here’s where you can join Mid-Michigan’s last place news team:
https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcm ... iusUnit=MI

In the past week, we’ve added new openings for newscast producers, a Chief Engineer (again), sales assistant, and marketing sales director. Add that to the positions that have been open for weeks/months that have gone unfilled: morning met, weekend meteorologist/reporter, MMJ, Executive Producer, account executive.

So if your rewriting doesn’t land you a job at
Mid-Michigan’s last place news team, maybe your recruiting “skills” will? I can put a good word in for ya!

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Dude, you somehow twisted a welcome to a new employee at another station into a diatribe against your former employer. Like, who does that? Why are you so stubbornly obsessed with exacting some kind of revenge? Just LET. IT. GO. Life is too short to be so miserable. You tried your best there and the situation wasn't a great fit apparently. Call it what it is and move on with your life.

As for me, I'm not interested in any jobs at WEYI because I can tell from the outside looking in that's it's not good. I even interviewed there once upon a time. The station isn't stuck in last place by accident. The last place station in every market has earned their position by being less good than the other stations. So I'm not going in with an idealistic plan to make it better, set myself up for total failure, become bitter about the experience and troll them endlessly on a message board for years. I'm going to recognize it's not a good place from the start and just stay away.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:05 pm

NiceGuy, now you’re speaking my language. We can be friends again!

mr v

Post by mr v » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Isaac did a nice job with the Sunday morning weather. He gave the forecast for both the I-69 corridor (Lansing, Flint, Lapeer) as well as the Bay City-Saginaw-Midland area. For someone who hasn't graduated yet he did a real good job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic