Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A promotion on Lapeer Rd...

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
jmeltonwx

A promotion on Lapeer Rd...

Post by jmeltonwx » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 pm

According to LinkedIn, Sean Mahon has been promoted to News Director at WJRT.

Under New Management

Re: A promotion on Lapeer Rd...

Post by Under New Management » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:55 pm

Any thoughts that things will change at WJRT have been flushed down the pooper with Sean’s promotion:
https://files.constantcontact.com/143c1 ... f?rdr=true

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:15 am

He won’t last long… there’s nothing that he’s done since Denise brought him to the station that has been impactful in improving ratings or the quality of journalism. Sean will be just another face in the revolving door of Flint news directors.

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:25 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:15 am
He won’t last long… there’s nothing that he’s done since Denise brought him to the station that has been impactful in improving ratings or the quality of journalism. Sean will be just another face in the revolving door of Flint news directors.
Lame duck news directors don't usually get the opportunity to hire a No. 2/heir apparent when their time is clearly up at a station. I don't think Denise brought any managers in. I've seen the headcount of on-air talent increase since Denise left, which undoubtedly has been pretty impactful in improving the newsroom's operation. They've also had a couple of long-form investigative pieces over the past few weeks, which were nonexistent for several months after Denise drove most of the talent out of the building.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:10 pm

There’s only one metric that bean counters like GM Brock cares about… that is ratings. Sean has done nothing to improve ratings. Which is sad since the market leader is David Custer’s Cher obsessed WNEM. Flint-Saginaw has to be one of the weakest TV markets in the nation, especially if the former ABC12 master control operator can become mayor.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:55 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:10 pm
There’s only one metric that bean counters like GM Brock cares about… that is ratings. Sean has done nothing to improve ratings. Which is sad since the market leader is David Custer’s Cher obsessed WNEM. Flint-Saginaw has to be one of the weakest TV markets in the nation, especially if the former ABC12 master control operator can become mayor.
Brock is a little bit of a dissappointment as GM. I thought he would have done more to change the Veto culture over there. But he didn't.

What does Custer's Cher obssesion have to do with anything TV related?

A master control operator becoming Mayor reflects on the market how?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:20 am

You’re a big boy, Soundchaser. I’m sure you can figure it out…

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am

Look at the ownership. ABC is now a starter market. An empty shell of its former self.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:11 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:20 am
You’re a big boy, Soundchaser. I’m sure you can figure it out…
Stink, I wish I could say the same about you. But I can't.

Sean can't improve ratings at 12. He's going to kick that burning bag of shit down the road until the next person takes over.
Jesus couldn't improve that place.

I guess people in the area like Custer and his love for Cher or he wouldn't be there.

The whole being an operator and becoming Mayor still doesn't compute.
I'll let you have your LOL moment.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:42 pm

You’re right. Sean can’t improve ratings. ABC12 is a burning pile of poo. Time for Brock to go back to the drawing board.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:26 am

Whelp, it took Denise’s “new” station only months to figure out what a disaster she is…

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... in-wichita

I’m starting to think that maybe News management isn’t Denise’s strong suit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic